27: Name

Sky and Seto went through the forest cautiously. Seto gave him his robe in case if they came across someone. Numerous questions ran through Sky's head.

Where's Jason...?

Had he came across other people?

Is he hurt...?

"We'll never find Jason like this," Seto said, sighing. He frowns, something was off about this forest. It was too quiet... "That's strange.. Where are the animals?"

Sky pauses to look around him, trying to spot anything that was alive. Seto was right, there are no animals. Seto thought about the books he read. There was nothing much about how the Mirror Realm was like besides the fact that the Sins are in the realm. "I guess the Mirror Realm just doesn't have animals.."

"No..." Sky whispered harshly. He was staring at something. Seto follows his gaze, his eyes landing on something behind a bush. Seto came closer, trying to see what it was. As he came closer, the smell hits him.

Seto reeled back in disgust, covering his nose with his hand. He grimaced at the sight of a rotting corpse of a deer.

"H-how about we move away from here.." Sky said, shaken. As the two walks away from the corpse, Sky looks back with a concerned face.

They saw a village in a distance. What's left of it at the very least. The whole place was burnt to the ground,

"What happened here..?" Seto muttered, examining the area. "It.. seems recent."

The two walked through the area to freeze in their tracks. There was someone on the ground a couple feet away, not moving.

There was blood stains all over the body. "Wh.. who...." Sky staggered back in horror. "Wh-why..."

"Sky..." Seto said slowly. "I.. I think we shojld head back to the others.."

"What do you mean...?"

"This is too dangerous, Sky." "Jason... he might even be..."

"No!" Sky cuts Seto off. "He's out there, Seto."

"Sky-" Before Seto can answer, someone started shrieking. "That's him! He killed him!"

Sky quickly pulls his cloak down in an attempt to conceal his face.

"That's him!" A group of people were rushing towards them with knives and swords.

"We didn't do anything," Seto said, trying to remain calm. ".. we just got here.."

"You!" One of the guys pointed to Seto. "We saw you killed Tom, you Sinner."

Sky looks back at the dead body, eyes widening. "Seto... they're talking about you.."

"I'm not a Virtue, Sky.." Seto muttered. "There can't be a Sin of myself..."

"He said his name was Jimmy!"

"Jimmy!"

"Jimmy killed Tom!"

Seto looks at the group, eyes widening. The name was not spoken for a long time.

"Jim...my?"

~

The Virtues were back at in the meeting room. Ty seems to be out of it so Mitch decided to lead.

"We need to do something about the Affected."

Mitch ran through the choices, trying to decide what's the best course they should take.

"Is there a way to stop the Effects?" Jerome asked.

"Seto isn't here.." Ian sighs. "We don't even know when they'll be back.."

"Should we separate the people showing signs..?" Quentin questioned. "I mean.. I'm not sure where they will go."

"Separate people..?" Ty muttered, his thoughts drifting back to what happened. It was strange and it felt real. He sighs, wondering if the stress had gotten to him.

"Wouldn't putting the Affected together be a bad thing?" Ian scowls.

"We can't force them out of the kingdom!" Mitch exclaimed. "Having the unaffected and affected together is going to make things worse."

Ian shakes his head. "All I see is a problem out of control.."

"What else can we do?!"

The room fall into silence and the Virtues look around awkwardly.

"Alrighty," Ty spoke suddenly. "I think we should do it."