12: Stuck

Jason couldn't find his way out of the Mirror Realm. He looked around where Invidia disappeared but there was nothing. His worry and fear is increasing as each second pass. He tries to calm himself down, telling himself that someone will get him when they notice he's missing.

But how would they get here..?

Jason tries to make sense of everything that happened. That strange space is called a ripple. He pulls his left sleeve up to check on his arm. It stopped hurting now but it hasn't changed back to normal. Instead it transformed into a tattoo that wraps around his arm and stops at his shoulder. It was ominous, giving off a bad vibe. Jason pulls down his sleeve, not wanting to look at it anymore.

From what he can tell, Invidia tricked him. But no one had ever tricked him before. Jason remembered that Invidia said he would come back. "This has to be some big mess-up," Jason muttered.

"You see.. the Mirror Realm is a horrible place. The people here have gone insane."

Jason shuddered as he remembered what happened to the old man. This realm is not normal. Jason wanted to cry. He felt like he lost everything. He was scared, alone, and lost in a strange world.

Guys... what do I do?

Jason walks towards the remains of the kingdom, searching for what could be remains of his room. He found stars, smell pieces of them were up on his ceiling. Jason follows them, looking at the rubbish. This is my room.. in the Mirror Realm.. Jason looks at the ground near it. There are thousands of shattered glass. He did not remember having this much glass in his room.

"Hey, there's a person over there!"

Jason turns towards the voice, eyes widening. No.. if it's the group then... It wasn't. They were older, all men. Jason let out a breath of relief. "Hi.." Jason said, giving a small smile.

The men's face changed as soon as Jason faced towards them. They were silent, eyeing each other and exchanging expressions. Jason felt like he did something wrong.

"Um.. Hi.. I'm.. I'm not from around here.." Jason said, trying to be polite.

"You can't fool us." One of the men hollered. "You're that Sin."

"S.. Sin...?" Jason looks at them, confused. "Wh-what do you mean?"

"The Sin of Envy!" The men shouted as they step closer to Jason, pulling out their bats. "Kill the Sin of Envy!"

"Wa-wait no!" Jason cried out. "I'm a Virtue of Kindness, please wait!" One of them tried to slash at Jason and he stumbled back. "Pl-please wait.. This is a misunderstanding-" Another one tried to swing at Jason from the side. Luckily it wasn't one of those with sharp objects in it so Jason holds up his arms to block it. The man swings a couple more times before tossing the bat aside and throwing his fist. He hit Jason on the side of his cheeks. Jason stumbled back, holding his right cheek. Another fist came hurling towards him and Jason took another punch.

Disoriented, he tried to stop the man from throwing more punches. His friends were cheering him on, laughing loudly as Jason continues to get hit. At one point, he manages to grab hold on the man's arm. "S.. stop..!" The arm kept moving so Jason hold onto it with another hand, trying to force the man to stop.

The man suddenly screamed out in pain, reeling back away from Jason. He held onto his arm which Jason grabbed.

"It.. it hurts.." The man whimpered. Jason can see the arm turning black like his but it was worse. His scream and cries were enough to make everyone stop what they are doing.

"The Sin.. The Sin infected him!" One of the men screamed.

Jason couldn't believe what was happening. He steps back. "No..I.. I didn't.." He looks back at the man, clutching his arm. Everyone else looked at him fear, backing away from him. Jason's eyes water before he turned and ran away.

It didn't take him long to realize that Invidia was Envy. The Mirror Realm is the place which has the opposites of the Virtues-the Sins.