8: Opened

Ian went back to the library again, going inside and called out Seto's name. There was no response so he decided to stay in the library and wait for him. Seto usually don't go out this often so it was rather odd.

"Should look for books about the Wither then?" Ian looks up at the shelves, seeing how many books there are with no labels or marks. "On second thought, I'll just wait.."

He heads over to Seto's desk, frowning as his he lay his eyes on a battered cover. It was strange, but he was drawn to it. As if it was calling him. Ian grabs it, holding it into his hands. He tried to open it but it wouldn't budge.

A fake book maybe? Ian examines it. "But it looks pretty real.."

Ian saw, even for a split second, a gleam of light blue color. Before Ian can even blink, it disappeared, making him confused as to what happened. Ian tried the latch again and this time it came off.

He flips through the pages, finding them all empty. All except the first page at least. In a sloppy handwriting it reads:

i'm tired

For some reason it made him uneasy. Ian closes it and put it back where it belongs. What was that? He wondered.

The library door opens and Ian looks to see who came in. It was Seto. He looked surprised as he saw Ian standing there.

"Ian what.. what are you doing here?" Seto asked, hurrying over. He looks at the desk, scowling. "Did you touch anything?"

Ian nodded slowly. "I um... open this small book."

"... the diary?"

"That was a diary?" Ian laughs. "The writer must be lazy. It has nothing in it."

Seto stops, looking at Ian with wide eyes. "What?"

Ian grabs the diary again, opening it much to Seto's surprise. "You.. you opened it?!"

Ian nodded. "I guess the latch was stuck somehow.

"Can I see?" Ian hands the diary over. Seto can see that the seal have changed colors. It's in light blue now.

Guess he can't see the seals.. Seto tries it and it opens. It only has three words on the first page with the rest blank.

"What does this mean..?" Seto mumbled.

"Seto.. I need to know what happened to the note." Ian said. "I have been looking around for you this whole morning."

"About the note?" Seto asked, still focusing on the diary. How did it open..?

Ian nodded.

"I really don't know, Ian. All I know is that it's from a Wither Effect."

"Wither.. what?"

"A Wither Effect basically turns something into ashes. Think of it like acid."

"I see.." Ian mumbled. "That's good for now."

"Can.. can you leave me.. I need to think.."

Ian nodded to Seto who seems to be glancing down at the diary.

What can be so interesting about that?

Seto sat down, looking down at the diary. He thought of all the ways Ian could have gotten through the seals.

The color have to matter since the seals are light blue instead of white. Maybe it was Diligence reincarnations that wrote the diary? It could be a possibility that the Wielder at that time designed it in a way for Diligence to open it upon physical contract.

The blue color faded back into white. "If it's a reincarnation of Diligence then..." Seto has an idea in his head.

~

Jason went out at the night but not before assuring Sky and Ty that he will be fine. He went back to the cliffs to see the night sky. It was on of those nights that the sky was clear with the stars shining down. He didn't need any light source as long as he doesn't go under the trees.

Jason gazes up at the stars, thinking about what happened before. There was a chill in the air and Jason felt the whole atmosphere change. He shudders as if someone was watching him.

He wondered if Sky or Ty went after him. Jason turns around to check but saw something out of place.

A small area in the air that bends the whole surrounding.

A ripple. It was something that leads to the other realm- a tear. The figure smiles as one was opening in front of him. "This ripple should be where that Virtue is...."

How should I greet him?