13: Encounter

Jason found himself a secluded area away from the ruined kingdom. He sat down against a tree, hugging his knees tightly. He couldn't stop shaking. The scream of the man keeps replaying over and over in his mind. He was horrified at what happened.

Invidia was another name for Envy. Jason remembered reading about it in Seto's book. The Green Sin. The Snake. The Withered Sin. There are many names for the Sin. If only he remembered sooner, he could have gotten away.

"How can this happen..?" Jason muttered to himself. "The Sins are real."

And now.. I... Envy's words went through his mind. 'It's a curse that will protect you.'

Jason reaches down to the grass. It started to turn gray, losing its greenness. A small area of grass is deied. Jason pull his hand back up, horrified. He thought back to the man.

"I'm.. sorry.. I didn't.. know.." Jason's voice cracked. He began to start crying loudly. He couldn't believe that he hurt another being, even if they were attacking him.

Wh.. why..? Everything that he touches with his cursed left arm would decay. I.. I have to stay strong.. Jason tried to wipe his tears away.

"What's this?" Jason hears someone speak. "Someone is crying over here?" He looks up to see Jerome looking down at him.

"J-Jerome..?" Jason started, bewildered.

"Oh.. So you're one of those Virtues." Jason's heart sank. The Mirror Jerome gives a smile. "How did you get in here?"

Jason stood up fast, swallowing hard. Jerome is Chastity.. Chastity.. The opposite of Chastity is...

Jason backs away. "Y-you're Lust.."

"They call me Luxuria here but Lust is still correct."

Lust has blue eyes instead of a dark brown like Jerome. He also wears a suit that's similar to Jerome but the tie and collar is undone. Lust sizes Jason up, stepping towards him. "I guess we really do look like the Virtues," Lust smirked. "Hey Virtue, if you come with me, I'll make sure you are safe~"

Jason shakes his head, turning to run. But before he could, Lust grabs him by his arm. Jason tried to shake him off but Lust's grip was too strong. "Let me go!" He shouted. He was about to grab Lust's arm with his left hand but he froze. Sin or not, he couldn't do it. Instead, he dig his shoes into the ground instead.

"Come on, I promise I will keep you safe." Lust said, pulling Jason towards him. "I'll make sure you won't cry again."

Jason couldn't do anything as he was forced to tag along with Lust. The two walked deep into the forest. Lust had his right wrist held tightly with one hand. Jason kept a distance from Lust as long as his arms allows it. The Sin of Lust... Jason remembered reading some bits about it.

The Sin would lure people into their domain using all kinds of methods but the most known is seduction. It is said that people would fall for their charms without fail. Once someone is in their domain, the next the Sin would do is...

Jason looks at Lust who was eyeing at him closely. There was a sinister atmosphere that made his skin crawl.

What should I do..? How can I get out...

Jason couldn't think of anything else but his cursed arm. He borders on if it is right to harm someone even if it was a Sin.

"So where did Invidia go?" Lust asked him, breaking the silence.

"I.. He... I don't.. know.." Jason mutters.

"Hmm.. Really?" Lust said. "The only way you can get here is by Invidia he's the Opener."

"But I wonder..." Jason can feel Lust's grip tightening. Lust pulled Jason towards him. "If the Sin and Virtue are the same." In a split second, Jason found himself with his back against tree with Lust in front of him with an excited look on his face. "Kindness~ I can't wait to make you mine as well."

"He-hey!" Jason struggled to try to break free. "Let me go!" Lust grabs Jason's hair, shoving his head back to the tree bark.

"Come on Virtue," Lust cooed. "I'll make sure you are safe." Jason looks at Lust, their eyes connecting. Lust smirks as he stared into Jason's eyes. Jason couldn't take his eyes off of Lust's. He was mesmerized by Lust's deep blue eyes.

"Kindness, I promise I will take good care of you." Lust said lowly. "That's only if you obey my every words."

"Obey..." Jason mutters as if in a trance.

"That's right."

"Luxuria.. take me.." Jason whispered. He couldn't believe what he was saying. A wide smile spread across Lust's face as he pulled Jason along. "Come then."

Jason's body move by itself, going along with Lust with no hesitation. Stop! Jason tried to stop moving but he keeps taking step after step. It seems like he has no control over his body. He started leaning onto Lust's body who gladly accepted it, putting a hand around Jason's shoulder.

Jason wanted to shout but his mouth wouldn't move. I need to run.. His left arm twitches. I have to.. I have to get away... Lust was enjoying this, sticking his nose into Jason's hair.

Smells like Invidia of course... Lust thought.

Jason put in all his willpower into his left arm, trying to make it move. Please.. please.. He prayed. Slowly, it started moving and reaches for the hand above it that's touching his shoulder.

Come on... His hand finally met Lust's hand. Lust yelps, jumping away from Jason. He felt his hold on Jason disappear on the instant he felt pain shooting through his arm. Lust glances down at his hand, grimacing as he can see black. "This.. this is Invidia's.."

Jason's body moved like he wanted to but he stumbled. He turned quickly and ran as fast as he could without looking back.

"Invidia... what are you planning to do with this Virtue?" Lust mutters as he watches Jason go.