50: Flowers

A field of pink, red and white flowers filled Jason's and Envy's vision. The sky was a hue of pink, casting a feeling of warmth.

"This... this isn't the Mirror Realm..." Envy said slowly. "It couldn't be..."

"It doesn't look like home either..." Jason added, looking up at the sky. "Where... are we Envy?"

Envy looks around, frowning deeply. "I might have gotten into another realm..." He muttered. 

"A-another..?!"

"I didn't do it..." Envy said. "It... it wasn't me.. The ripple was supposed to take you back.."

"Kindness..."

Jason jumped, hearing a voice right behind him. He whirled around but saw nothing but flowers.

"Envy... you... you heard that right..?" He turns to Envy

"Envy..." He turns to Envy who had tensed up. He heard that too...

"This reincarnation..." The voice sounded like it belonged to a young woman. "You brought a.... friend here..."

"Who are you...?" Envy asked.

"Me...? I'm the Virtue of Kindness..."

"That doesn't make any sense..." Envy turns to Jason, grabbing his arm. "We have to get put of this place.."

"Envy... wait..." Jason looks at his surroundings, slowly taking it all in. He felt a strange sense of déjà vu. "I... I-I seen this place before..."

"You... know this place?" Envy asked.

"N...no... it just... feels weird.." Jason answered.

"This is where you are reincarnated." The voice said. "I'm here to help you, Kindness.."

"Help..?" Jason asked. Something touched his shoulders, he turned around to see a glowing white orb which emitted a white smoke.

"Kindness.. that's a spirit!" Envy exclaimed.

"Follow me." The white orb floated over the flowers. Jason felt compelled to follow, slowly walking behind it.

Envy trailed closely behind Jason, eyeing the ball cautiously.

Jason saw something off in the distance. It was a huge unbloomed flower.

The white ball stopped in front of it. "Go on... touch it."

"T-touch...?" Jason asked, glancing at the flower. He slowly walks towards it, trying to examine it. The flower itself doesn't seem special other than the fact that it hasn't bloomed.

He felt his right hand move, touching the bud. It emitted a red glow as the flower seemed to grow warm on his touch. Jason stepped back and watched in awe as the petals slowly peeled back.

The flower petals are red with the ends fading into white. In the middle of it was an orb of some sort.

Envy's eyes widen as he recognizes the orb. Acedia talked about this thing before.. If I can get that I can.... but... He looks at Jason who was already reaching for if.

As soon as Jason's hands touched it, it glowed red before dissipating at his touch.

"H-huh..?" Jason looked confused. "What happened...?!"

"Kindness.. you... you're..." Envy trailed off. What he can see is different from what Jason sees. I... I can see the Virtue's radiance...!

"You're already awakened..." The white orb said. "How nice.."

"A-awakened...?" Jason asked. "What does that mean?"

"..it's time for you to go back."

A huge gust of wind blew across the field, lifting up the flowers' petals and blowing them across.

Jason felt Envy grabbing hold of him as a huge gust of wind almost swept him off of his feet. It picked up loose petals from the field, blowing them across.

The petals obscured his vision from the white ball. "Wait..! I don't know what you mean!" Jason shouted out.

A girl stands in the place where the white ball was. Jason finds himself staring at a girl with ling brown hair. She had on a white gown which flowed peacefully, against the strong winds.

She has a soft smile as she watches Jason with bright blue eyes.

"Y.. you're..."

"This is the best I can help..." The girl muttered. "I'm sure you can figure this out, Kindness."

"No... No wait...!" Jason shouted out." I still have questions!"

The girl smiled at him as she waved a goodbye.

In the next moment, the flower field disappeared, replaced by what looks to be the Mirror Realm.