68: Gula

"Shooting Star!" Quentin's Artifact materializes in his hands and he points the half weapon towards the Sin. He looked at Shooting Star in dismay. "Why doesn't it work?!"

Ian watched Gluttony slowly walk down the stairs. He held his own weapon tightly, trying to recall what Sloth told him. Ian remembered that Gluttony was the only Sin that Sloth had no information on. That fact only made him worry more.

However, Gluttony didn't seem hostile or looked like he was going to attack the Virtues. As soon as he reached the end of the stairs, he smiled, or at least as much as he could. He rushed towards Ian and Quentin who tensed up, ready to fight. The Sin came to a stop in front of Quentin, holding up an arm to point at him.

"You...." Gluttony spoke slowly. "Look same..." He then pointed to himself.

"Y-yeah..." Quentin answered, carefully. He glanced at Ian with a bewildered look on his face as Gluttony circled him, as if he was examining his body. He ignored his Artifact, paying no attention to it. He finally took notice of Ian, looking at him up and down.

"Virtues..." Gluttony muttered. "What doing here?"

"We were attacked." Ian explained.

Quentin nodded. "There were a bunch of weird people outside." He pointed towards the door where the two came from. Gluttony looked puzzled, walking towards the door. A bang sounded on the door causing Ian and Quentin to jump.

"They got in!" Ian said before there were more bangs. Gluttony looked at the door for a few moments before reaching for the handle.

"No! Don't-" Before Quentin could finish his sentence, the door flew open and as expected, the people that chased the two here were there. Ian and Quentin slowly backed away, expecting them to flood into the room. To their surprise, they froze as Gluttony stood before them.

Their eyes widened as if they couldn't believe what they were seeing.

"Our... Our Lord...." His voice trembled but grew louder. "He appeared!"

"We're hungry.... Please..." One of them walked forward, dropping down to his knees. "Please give us some food to eat." Everyone followed suit, dropping down to their knees as they cried with similar pleads.

With a wave of Gluttony's hand, they grew silent. His eyes glowed bright orange and the people's eyes glowed the same color in swirls. He pointed to the entrance of the building. "Go." He ordered. Ian and Quentin watched as the people slowly got up and walked towards the door with no protest.

Although the two should be glad the people were gone, bigger problems are now on their hands. Having seen what Gluttony can do, it's alarmingly similar to Lust's control ability.

No... this is a larger scale... He controlled many people at once... Quentin thought, worried.

Gluttony turned his attention back to the Virtues after he shut the door. He walked back towards the stairway, stopping in front of it.. "You... follow me...." He pointed towards Quentin.

"M-me?!" Quentin asked, taken aback.

"You... me.... Together...." Gluttony said. "I... help." He walked up the stairs, beckoning for Quentin to come.

Ian grabbed Quentin's shoulder, stopping him. "Quentin... I don't think you should go..." He whispered. "He seems strange... besides he can control people too..."

"We have to get on his good side for now." Quentin reasoned. "Besides... it sounded like he wanted to help."

Ian was still doubtful, glancing at Gluttony who was waiting at the stairs patiently. "If something happens, make sure you call for help."