78: Coin

Scattered blue smoke surrounded the area as Sloth and Quentin travel in a single direction. Ian laid out on Sloth's blue cushion made out of smoke.

"The Virtues can see my smoke easily." Sloth said. "As for Invidia, as long as he puts out his presence, I'll be able to check if he's near."

"I-I see..." Quentin muttered. He casted a glance at Sloth. "You know the name of "Sloth" doesn't... really suit you..."

The Sin scowled in response. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"How do you know about the Essence and Artifacts?" Quentin questioned. "You.. you were even able to locate the Artifacts too..."

"Common knowledge." Sloth muttered. He didn't elaborate further and Quentin decided to change the topic.

"When you said Gluttony is already dead, what does that mean?" He asked. "He was clearly talking and moving..."

"Just because something's moving, doesn't mean it's alive." Sloth sighed. "I don't know how exactly Gula's powers work, I've haven't seen what he can do."

"Th-then how are we supposed to get rid of him if he shows up again?"

"Immobilize him, if you want a more permanent solution, you will have to make sure there's nothing left of him." Sloth answered. "You can use your Artifact now, right? I'm sure Shooting Star can do it."

"Right... by the way, where are we going?"

"To your kingdom but in this realm, the ruins of it." Sloth said. "I'm hoping Invidia gets the same idea."

"Thank you... Temperance."

Sloth's sudden words surprised Quentin. "Huh?! For what?"

Sloth glanced at Ian who floated beside him. If Quentin wasn't there... Ian would have been a goner. He would have let it happen again, something that he swore to himself to prevent.

"For doing something I couldn't before."

~

Jerome and Sky ran towards the four people who were heading for the Chasm. While Jerome took the left two, Sky went to the two on the right.

"What are you guys doing?!" Sky exclaimed when he reached them. They didn't respond or even notice that Sky was in front of them.

"Hey!" He tried again but they passed on right by. It was strange, it was almost as if they were in a trance.

Sky reached out and grabbed both of them by their arms. They didn't fight back, instead they pulled him along as well. Sky pulled back, trying to stop them from going forward.

Jerome only managed to grab one of them, tackling him down to the ground. The man struggled to get up but Jerome held him down. However the other one was too far for him to reach and he continued on to the edge of the Chasm.

"I can't stop both of them!" Jerome shouted out as he repeatedly pin the man down. Sky watched in horror as the unattended one headed straight for the edge.

"Stop it!" Sky cried out. "Snap out of it everyone!"

Sky couldn't hold the two back completely and they inch closer to the Chasm. Jerome wanted to stop the other one but this meant freeing the one he has. He wants to summon his Artifact but he's too afraid to hurt the people or make matters worse.

The two look in horror as the man stands before the Chasm. Before he could jump, something ran by and took a hold of him.

It was a wolf, its teeth in the man's clothings as it dragged him away from the Chasm's edge.