72: Taboo

'The... Sorcerer... has awakened...'

Jimmy's eyes widened as he looked over to Seto. "Really?!" It was true, Seto managed to stand up, despite the force Jimmy placed on him.

A more sinister presence was clearly present, switching Brice's and Ant's fear from Jimmy to Seto. Seto panted as blood dripped down from his mouth.

Jimmy dropped Brice and Ant, laughing loudly. "You did it! You really did it!" He exclaimed. "But.. how will you keep your own sanity now...?"

Seto's heart thumped, turning into palpitations. He let out a painful cry as he grabbed his head, staggering around. Black marks appeared on his face and body. Numerous voices echoed in his head. They all overlapped one another, saying different things.

'Grow even more stronger.'

'Shame on you.'

'Destroy things.'

'Kill them.'

Seto slowly looked at Jimmy, Brice and Ant. "Kill them..." He repeated slowly. His right hand erupted into a black flame. No, it was his own aura, intensifying into one point. Having his own aura focused on one stop caused his hand to burn as well.

He springs forward, aiming his hand towards Jimmy. Jimmy dodged it, leaping to the left. Before he could even regain his footing, Seto appeared in front of him. Seto throws his right hand at Jimmy, his aura bursts out and sends Jimmy flying backwards, tumbling on the ground.

Seto turns his attention to Brice who looks at him in horror. He raises his arm, his hand enveloped in a dark aura.

"Brice, run!" Ant shouted out.

'Seto... what are you doing?'

Seto freezes on the spot, his hand stopped inches away from Brice's face.

'Get a hold of yourself.'

This... this voice is... from Lust's manor... Seto's eyes watered as he realized who it belonged to.

"T... teacher..." He muttered. His teacher taught him how to control his aura, passing down everything he knew before passing away and gave the Wielder title to Seto.

Hearing his teacher's voice brought him back to his senses. Seto stepped back as the black marks slowly faded away. Brice let out a huge sigh of relief, almost collapsing.

Seeing Brice up close brought back more warm memories. "Brice... I—" Before Seto can finish, Brice's eyes widened as he pointed behind him.

"B-behind you!" He shouted.

Seto whirled around to defend himself but it was too late. A sharp pain went up his body. He gazes down to see a knife had entered his chest.

"What a let down..." Jimmy commented before pulling the knife out with one swift movement. Blood poured out as Seto gasped. "I was waiting for you to kill the two but you regained control too fast."

"Don't worry, you won't die." Jimmy turned his back to Seto and started walking away. "I'll come back another time, Humility is on the move."

Seto tried to gather his aura but was unable to. He had exhausted his energy when he lost control of himself. He dropped to his knees and grabbed his bloody chest. "You... don't you dare.. go near Ty..."

Jimmy stopped, turning to him as he grinned madly as his eyes lit up in excitement. "How... how can I leave him alone when Superbia's this close to awakening...?!"

"Superbia.....? What... what are you...." He trailed off, feeling himself getting weaker. His vision blurred before he collapsed to the ground.

~

Mitch made it out of the forest and wandered into another unknown area which is a small village next to a lake. He took this opportunity to get rested, eating fruits and vegetables from abandoned gardens. Kneeling down by the lakeside, he splashed some water on his face, sighing.

All he has is Greed's dagger and the strange orb.

He let out a frustrated sigh. "I don't even know how to make my way back home..." Mitch mumbled to himself.

He caught someone standing behind him in the reflection of the water. Mitch pulled out the dagger as he jumped up, holding it towards the person. The dagger's point stopped dangerously close to Greed's eyes but he didn't even blink.

"Greed!" Mitch exclaimed.

"Is this your way to thank me after I let you out?" Greed asked him, calmly. "If I wanted to, I would have killed you seconds ago."

Mitch cautiously lowered his weapon. "What do you want?"

"Have you learned how to use it yet?"

"What?" Mitch scowled. "What are you talking about?"

"I'm talking about this." Greed held up the purple orb. Mitch patted his pockets, certain that the orb was inside his pocket but they were empty.

When.. When did he take that?!

"Since it's still in this form, it hasn't been activated." Greed tosses the orb towards Mitch who caught it.

"What are you saying?" He asked, clearly annoyed. "What does this orb do!?"

"Let's go."

"Huh?!" Mitch stared at Greed.

"Your friends are in this realm." Greed explained. "Follow me if you want to see them."

Mitch watched as Greed walked away, not even looking to check if he was following.

"Why are you helping me?" Mitch called out. "What are you trying to do?"

Greed didn't answer.

Mitch didn't trust Greed but he had no other choice but to follow him. He caught up to Greed, tailing him from a safe distance.

"You must be close to Chastity, right?" Greed suddenly asked.

"What..?"

"You don't have to answer. I confirmed it already."

Mitch stared at Greed's back as an uneasy feeling washed over him. What... What is he planning...? He wondered, swallowing hard.

From the front, Greed's golden eyes gleamed with excitement as he smirked widely. He knows what he has to do for Mitch.