4: A Strange Note

The library was filled with books all of which were written and collected over the decades. The books in front of Seto flipped by himself, encased in a light purple aura.

He looked through the book that Mitch returned, slowing the flipping when it depicted pictures of different realms. The Aether, Nether, and the Overworld. The next pages go into depth about these realms. The next pages were more interesting, speaking of a realm that's the opposite of the Overworld. That is the Mirror Realm.

The Wielder before Seto openly spoke about these topics and personally gave the book to Seto. It was one of a kind as it was the only book in the library that have information on the Mirror Realm. The other books did not even mention the realm at all.

The book closes and then floats back into its slot on the shelf. Seto hopes there's more information to come so he can add to the book for the next generation.

~

"Ty, can you pass me the papers?"

Ty handed Sky a messy stack of papers. Sky took a look at it and then sighed deeply. Every month he would receive papers from other territories and towns. It's mostly about charity and funding new projects.

Sky liked giving help to his neighbors but organizing is difficult to do so. There is paperwork behind everything which keeps things formal and official. He wishes the Virtues can lend help without any paperwork getting involved.

"I shouldn't have put them off," Sky groaned, not looking forward to the end of the day. "I'm not sure how Ian can do these so easily... "

"Let me handle some of them." Ty took a small stack of papers from Sky. As he was flipping through them, something slipped through and fell to the ground. He scowled, setting aside the papers to bend down and pick them up.

"What's this...?"

"It's a pain, I know. Sometimes I can't even read them..." Sky said without looking up.

"No... It's not that."

Sky looks up, frowning. He saw Ty holding a small folded-up paper.

It didn't look like anything formal but seemed to be a personal letter. It must have gotten mixed in with the others by accident.

He took it from Sky, unfolding it. On the paper was a small scribble reading:

I hope Jason's alright.

Sky stared at it with a scowl, turning the paper over to find it blank. There was no name or signature.

It was strange. Something about the note gives him a bad feeling.

Ian was attempting to relax but find himself unable to. He finds himself pacing the halls, keeping himself busy. As he nears Sky's room, he saw him come out with two guards next to him.

"Question the people," Sky told them. The guards nodded, hurrying off.

Ian was puzzled. "Did something happen?" he asked as soon as he was in front of Sky.

Sky handed Ian a note and reading it only makes him even more confused. "Someone... is worried about Jason?"

"But no one knew.." Sky told him in a low tone.

"It could be someone that saw you guys carrying him back. Or maybe the same person that caused this." Ian flips the note over, trying to find a name. "That's strange, I don't see a name anywhere.."

"It could be.. but still..." Sky trials off. He couldn't shake off the feeling.

"Hmm..." Ian looks at the note again, deciding that it will keep him occupied. "I'll go check this out."