47: Torture

The shadow suddenly changed course, turning itself and started to head towards Jason.

"Wh-what?!" Jason's eyes widened in fear as he stepped back in terror.

"Kindness! Run! Don't let him near you!" Envy yelled and Jason took off again, running the way he just came from.

Don't tell me.. that's another Sin..?! Jason looked back to see the shadow advancing rapidly even though he had a head start. "It's too fast..!"

His next couple steps made everything around him plunge into darkness. "Wh.. what..?" Jason looked around, swallowing hard. "Where... where am I?"

"So you're the Virtue that Invidia have eyes on.."

The voice sent shivers running down Jason's spine. He was too afraid to even glance in the direction of the voice. "Wh-who are you...?" Jason stammered.

"Who am I?"

Someone stepped into Jason's view, materializing out of the shadows.

"I'm Superbia, otherwise known as Pride." Pride answered.

When Jason found the courage to look up, Pride was in front of him. The Sin has on a sleeveless dark violet cropped shirt with a tight fitting black shirt underneath along with black pants and shoes. He looked similar to Ty but paler in comparison. His eyes were purple and were glowing in the darkness. Two horns jut out of his head and there was a pair of wings on his back.

"There's no need to be afraid, human." Pride stated while smirking. "I won't hurt you."

The assurance did not have any affect on Jason. In fact, it only made him feel more on edge. He placed his right hand over the glove, in case he needs to defend himself. "Where... where did you put me? Where am I right now?"

"No where." The Sin answered. "This is simply your own little world." He gestured at the darkness surrounding him. "A small part of it, at least."

"My... my own world..?" Jason muttered, confused. "What do you mean?"

"Normally, I wouldn't tell... But I'll make an exception for you, Virtue. I already have a body in mind anyway." Pride said, almost cheerfully.

A... body...!?

"We're inside your head right now."

"My... head..?" Jason examined his surroundings. Everywhere he looked, it was pitch black. "This is my own mind?"

"That's right." Pride continued. "I don't have a physical body yet. Outside of here, I'm a manifestation, or I guess I'm just the shadow of what's left of me."

"Envy and you.... wh-what do you two want from me?"

"I'm not sure what Invidia wants but that's why I'm here to find out..." Pride saunters over to Jason which he backs off.

"D-don't get closer to me!" Jason exclaimed, gripping his glove tightly now. "Or I... I'll..."

Pride smiles. The smile was not a natural one or a friendly one. It was a smile of a predator that found its prey wandering in its territory.

"Or you're what?" Pride asked, smugly. "What can you possibly do, human?"

Jason didn't answer, staring at the Sin, biting down on his lips.

"Stay where you are, human. You don't want to see me... annoyed." Pride shot a piercing glare at Jason which he flinched to. He swallowed hard as he did as he was told to.

As Pride came closer, panic began to set in. Why... Why am I always encounting Sins?! Wh-what should I do...?  He doesn't know what Pride was capable of and he has no idea how to get out of this place.

"You look very much like Invidia..." Pride remarked. "I wonder how Invidia really feels about you." Pride mused.

"H-huh.. What is that supposed to mean?"

"If I hurt you, how would he react?" Pride asked casually. "Better yet, if I killed you on the spot, what would his reaction be?"

Jason took a step back slowly and was about to make a break for it when Pride suddenly grabs him. He fell onto the ground with Pride on top of him, having his whole body pinned down.

His left hand was also pinned and he found himself unable to free it.

"Let me have my fun here, human.." Pride said in a low tone. "Invidia would be able to see all the wounds I inflict on you if he is next to you."

Pride extends his arm towards Jason's face which he notices that the Sin's nails are unnaturally long and sharp. It grazed the left side of his cheeks. He felt something trickle down his cheeks moments after. It stung badly but Jason was unable to do anything about it since his right hand was trapped underneath Pride's legs.

He looked up at Pride whose expression changed into one of a sadist as his hand raised again.

'Kindness...!'

Jason heard a voice coming from the back of his mind.

'Kindness, you have to wake up!'

Jason recognizes the voice. E.. Envy....

'Wake up and get out of there!'

Wake up... how..?! How do I wake up?

Jason struggled to get free as he felt another cut open on his other cheek. "Get off of me!" He tried kicking but something was pressed against his legs. He lifted his head just enough to see that Pride had a lizard-like tail which rested on his legs. Another cut formed, his time on his forehead.

Pride traces the tip of his nail on Jason's cheeks, cutting his flesh as he goes, gleefully. "Small cuts here and there..." Pride laughed softly. "Perhaps I should make it longer?"

His smile grew wide, wide enough to see the rows of razor sharp teeth. He swiped his hand across Jason's chest, tearing through the fabric of his jacket and shirt.

"G-gahh!" Jason screamed out in pain. The swipe had left three long and bloody scratch marks on his chest.

"That was very nice reaction..." Pride said. "Maybe Invidia can even hear you screaming out there."

It burns... it hurts... It.. it really hurts... Tears welled up in Jason's eyes.

"You're crying...?" Pride snickered. "We're only a few minutes in."

"Stop... stop it.." Jason said weakly.

"Stop?" Pride scowls deeply. "When I'm having this much fun..?"

This.. can't be happening to me... Jason thought. I... I have to wake up... I have to wake up!

Jason shut his eyes tightly.

Wake up please... Let me wake up...!

Wake up...

Please!

Wake up!

Envy....

Wake me up...