63: Freeze

There wasn't even time for the three to prepare as the servants attacked. They were all separated from each other which was that the servants had planned.

I have to heal Envy... Jason eyed Envy who was laying on the ground, bleeding. A stream of water materialized from his Artifact, making his way towards Envy but was stopped by Darren's sword. It splatted to the ground.

Jason scowled. Other than healing, he isn't exactly sure of what Ocean Hymn is capable of.

I'll have to use my left hand... Jason pulled off his glove, still uncomfortable with it being out. I have to. He reminded himself that this was a life or death situation.

"Do you think you can lay a finger on me?" Darren asked him.

More water formed on the tip of his fingers. It would be best to have it ready to use. The only thing Jason could do was to avoid the sword and wait for an opening.

Kathy lunged at Sky and Sky ducked, avoiding her nails which seemed to be her weapon. He did not want to find out how sharp they were. He thrust his sword upwards but it was blocked by Kathy's nails. "A little too slow, Patience..." She said, tauntingly as she threw her arms up, causing the sword to be up as well. "You're wide open here!"

Sky's eyes widened as he was thrown off. He knew if he tried to bring back his sword, it wouldn't be fast enough. He ducked and grabbed Kathy's arms, shoving them as high up as possible. Sky held one of his legs out, tripping Kathy over. Using this, he was able to pin Kathy to the ground on her stomach along with her arms.

Kathy laid there on the ground for a couple seconds, a bit surprised as to what happened. "That was unexpected, Patience~"

"Wha... what...?" Sky saw her arms were moving. They were twisting. It was impossible for a normal person to bend their arms like that. Before he could do anything, one of her hands managed to dig the nails into his right arm.

Forced to back away, Sky held his bleeding arm. He watched in horror as Kathy's arms seemed to slowly bend back to normal. However, her smile seemed to waver as pain twisted her facial features.

Sky was starting to realize why the servants were strange. Their eyes were cold and lifeless but they could move and talk normally. It dawned to him that these people were controlled by Lust.

No... this is more than just controlling... Sky glanced down, finding both of them are in a puddle of water. Jason....? What is he doing?!

Jerome gritted his teeth as he pushed his axe forward. Lola is matching him in strength using two knives, despite being smaller than him.

Jerome doesn't know how to properly use his Artifact. If it can freeze stuff, why won't it do it now?! The axe and daggers slid off of his other, making loud metal on metal noises.

"Haha!" Lola's daggers swiped forward and would have gone through him if he hadn't backstepped.

Jerome glanced towards his friends, seeing both of them struggling. Envy didn't seem like he would be getting up anytime soon. The barrier that Sloth placed was still up with Ian still in it.

"Do you even have time to worry about your friends?" Lola was suddenly next to him. Jerome's eyes widened as he leaped back but one of Lola's daggers went into his shoulder. Jerome winced as the blade went in. Lola shoved him, making him lose his balance and falling to the ground. She jumped on him and before Jerome could even react, a blade was held to his throat.

"Drop your weapon. I know where it really hurts but I promise you won't die from it."

"Ugh..." Jerome glared at her but begrudgingly did what he was told to. Lola kicks Frostguard away from Jerome's reach.

"I don't really like the idea of hurting someone that's a splitting image of our master." Lola looked towards the others. "Now I just need to wait for the other two to be finished."

"Water....?" Jerome hears Lola mutter.

She was right. There was water. It was gradually filling the area where the two are. Jerome scowled, wondering what Jason was doing, using this much water. His eyes widened. No... water?!

Jerome looked towards Frostguard. How... how do I use my Artifact?! He recalled how he received Frostguard. I wished I asked how to use it...

'Calm down, Chastity.'

Who... who just said that? The voice seemed to be coming from his own head.

'Did you forget about me already?'

Jerome realized it was the same girl from before. It was one of his past reincarnations.

'As you realized, Frostguard has the ability to freeze things. For it to freeze, you have to activate its Cold Presence.'

Cold Presence? Jerome frowned.

'The ice it makes will depend on your emotions. Be careful though, even though you are its user, you are still affected by the cold.'

'Breathe slowly and focus on Frostguard. You should be able to activate it as long as it's in your range.'

Jerome let out slow but steady breathing. I have to activate Frostguard here. He closed his eyes and visualized his Artifact. Slowly, he felt his breath grow cooler. The air around him chilled. Lola noticed the drop in temperature, peering towards Jerome's Artifact, scowling deeply.

Her eyes widened as she realized what this meant but before she could do anything, the area around Frostguard froze.

In an instant, all the water that Jason put out froze. Jason saw the skill activated and his Ocean Hymn forced the water up the three servants' body. It was effective as Frostguard worked quickly, immobilizing them.

Lola curses as she finds herself unable to move. She was the only one that noticed Frostguard. Darren and Kathy were taken by surprise.

"Jerome!" Jason smiled widely. "You did it!"

Jerome picked up Frostguard, shivering as the Artifact emitted more cold than it usually does. "I'm glad it worked out."

"That was a good plan, Jason." Sky looked at Kathy who had a sour expression on her face.

The Virtues went over to Envy. Jason got back up, sighing in relief. "I was able to heal him.. He's just out cold now." He noticed Jerome's and Sky's wounds, eyes widening with worry. "A-are you guys alright?"

"We're fine." Sky assured him. "It's just a scratch." Jerome nodded in agreement.

Jason grabbed them so he could heal them. "You two have to be more careful next time."

The barrier slowly dissipated and Sloth walked out with a passed out Ian on his back. The Sin looked to be extremely tired. He sighed as he looked at what happened. "This is going to be a long day..."