65: Inaccurate

The Sins on opposing sides stared each other down. It was silent as the Sins assessed each other.

Not one but two Sins... Sloth glanced at Envy. I don't think I can count on Envy in this situation. Luxurtia have a lingering control on him..

Envy stepped closer to Jason so he can be within reach. I... I have to get Jason away... But... He knew what Jason would want but with this many people, there's no way to close the ripple before Lust or Greed gets to it.

"If you don't know by now, I'm Luxurtia~ And this is my close friend Avaritia." Lust smiled before eyeing Sloth. "I knew Invidia was with the Virtues, but I didn't expect Acedia too." 

"What are you two doing here?" Sloth asked, the smoke spiraling around him.

"I came here to check in their progress." Lust nodded towards the dead servants.

"You.... you were controlling them...." Sky's hands shook as he continued to hold onto Kathy's body. "Why did you kill them...?"

"They all got caught and one is saying things she's not supposed to say." Lust answered. "If they break those rules, they have to be fired."

Sky slowly set Kathy down on the ground, drawing his sword. The other Virtues had their weapons out as well.

"Where is Mitch?!" Jerome shouted.

"Charity is in my possession." Greed flashes a cold glare at the Virtues. "Worry about yourselves first."

Seto looked at Greed and Lust, worried. Even though they outnumbered them, the Sins seem to be much stronger than they appeared.

"Sloth.... Can you win against them?" Ian whispered harshly.

"I don't know...." Sloth's answer made Ian uneasy.

"I'll give you guys a deal—give me Kindness and Chastity." Lust pointed to those two. "And we will leave here without any trouble."

Jason bites his lips. I... I have to go.... He was about to step forward when Envy stopped him.

"You're not taking anyone." Envy glared at Lust.

"We will have to do this the hard way then..."  

The two sides went back to staring, waiting for someone to make the first move. The Sins watched each other very closely. Even the slightest movement could mean an attack.

Their presences flared as seconds ticked by. A deep rumble was heard from the earth. The rumble grew louder and more apparent.

"Wh-what's going on?!" Quentin cried out as the ground below him started to shake.

"Oh no...." Jason knew what this was.

The ground splitted apart, shaking the area violently.

"Now of all times...!" Greed and Lust jumped back just in time before the ground where they stood cracked apart.

"C-crap!" The shaking had caused Jerome to stumble forward, his eyes widening as he saw what seems to be an endless pit. Blue smoke suddenly appeared and he fell into it. Instead of something hard, the smoke was surprisingly soft like a cushion.

"Invidia!" Sloth shouted to be heard. His smoke swirled around, sweeping the rest of the group onto it for safety.

Envy already formed a ripple, opening it quickly. "Hurry in!"

Lust looked back at where the others were, finding everyone but Sloth gone. Sloth waved goodbye as he smiled dauntly before disappearing in the ripple. Lust gritted his teeth together and was about to make an attempt to reach the ripple when Greed grabs his shoulder.

"Don't." Greed said, flatly. "It'll be a waste of time going after them. We have to get out of this area."

Lust heaved a sigh as he followed Greed, traversing the unstable ground with ease. "Now our date got ruined..."

~

Envy hit the ground when he came through the ripple, rubbing his head. "Ugh... Virtues... are you alright?" Hearing no responses, he looked around as his heart sank.

It wasn't the Overlord. Worse, there was no one around him. 

"The quakes... it... it made the location inaccurate...." Envy realized in horror.

"Kindness?!" He shouted out. "You... you're here too right?!" His body trembled as his thoughts raced.

Where is Kindness?

Is he safe?

What happened to him?

"Wh... what am I going to do....?"

"Envy...?" A voice called out to him. "I-is that you?"

Envy paused at the familiar voice, looking up to see Jason in a short distance. Relief washed over him as he rushed towards the Virtue.

Without thinking, he hugged Jason tightly. "Kindness... I'm... I'm so glad..." He muttered.

"En... Envy...?" Jason asked, a bit confused. "What happened...?"

Envy's eyes widened as he saw what was doing. Embarrassed, he quickly stepped back from Jason. "Th... th-the ripple...." He stammered. "The quakes made it unstable..."

"Then.... everyone's in different places?!"

Envy nodded. "Making more ripples is risky.. we will have to—"

Jason looked at Envy, confused to why he stopped mid sentence. He was taken aback by Envy's face which had turned pale.

"E-Envy....?" Jason asked. "What's wrong?"

Without a word, Envy grabbed Jason's wrist and ran. "Envy?!" Jason looked around as he ran, finding no one near them.

"He's... he's near here...." Envy said, voice trembling. "I... I didn't know.... We... we are in Ira's terrority..."