103: Aegis

"I can't even land a hit..." Quentin muttered as Shooting Star charges up. Herobrine had dodged every single one of the shots. He'd have a better chance up if he was closer but then he'll become a target. Quentin shivered as he recalled Herobrine coming after him when his first shot had missed.

If Sloth wasn't there to stop Herobrine, Quentin knows he would have been killed.

"Where are Mitch, Jerome, and Seto..?!" Quentin hopes that they didn't run into Lust.

Quentin glances over at Jason who is still trying to heal Envy. Ian had gone somewhere with Ty on his back.

Things aren't looking good—no they were never good from the start.

Sloth and Sky barely scratched Herobrine with Sky nearly getting killed in the process.

The smoke was hindering Herobrine but he seems to be getting closer and closer to Sloth every few seconds.

For someone who's been sealed from the beginning... this is him at his weakest?! Sloth gritted his teeth. He doesn't know how long he'll be able to keep this up. He was already feeling exhausted, his smoke slowing down. I can't fall asleep here...

Herobrine seems to notice. "Is there something wrong?" He asked with a sneer.

Sloth pulled back, stopping his smoke momentarily. Since the Virtues are staying, I can't just stall but defeat him... He quickly glances over to where Envy is. The plan to get an upper hand had failed...

"Tell me, Acedia," Herobrine spoke out, turning Sloth's attention back onto him. "Why are you, a Sin, helping the Virtues?"

"It's a complicated story..." Sloth answered. "It's not like you'll understand anyway."

"Understand? All I understand is that you turned against me." Herobrine frowned. "Don't tell me that you think you can kill me."

The Virtues with their Artifacts... Invidia and me... Sloth bites down on his lips. Can... can we really kill Herobrine like this?!

Despite the odds, Sloth wants to believe that they can. That they're able to take down Father and after that, rebuild this new realm and live together peacefully.

Is that too much to ask for?!

Sloth glared at Father. "Of course, we can!" He shouted out, firmly. Smoke resumed back to solid, heading right towards Herobrine. Herobrine held out his sword to block it but instead of turning sharp, it quickly wrap around his body.

"Temperance! Shoot now!"

Herobrine looks up to see Quentin aiming at him with Shooting Star. He tried to move out of the way but the smoke held him in place. "Damn...!" Herobrine grabs it, trying to pry himself out.

A large blue beam shot out from his Artifact, causing Quentin to stumble back from the recoil.

It caused a huge explosion, sending dust and debris flying.

"Did... did I get him?" Quentin asked.

Jason and Sky watch as the smoke gets clear, hoping for the best. The smoke slowly settled enough for them to make out Herobrine's shape in it.

Sloth's eyes narrowed. "No...! Temperance get back–"

Herobrine emerges from the smoke, lunging straight at Sloth.

Me...?! Sloth takes a couple of steps back. Herobrine must have slipped out of his smoke just before Quentin had shot him.

Sloth called his smoke back but it was clear that Herobrine was going to get to him first.