36: Cursed

A state of panic went over Seto. Why... why isn't it working...?! It was as if—

A horrible thought went through Seto's head.

What if Invidia can not only open up ripples, but block them off as well. In that case, Seto would have to break through but he has no knowledge how to.

In other words, he is unable to get them out of the Mirror World. The drug was only making matters worse. "G... guys...." He said in a raspy voice.

"What's going on Seto?" Jason asked, utterly confused at what he was trying to do.

Sky knows what is going on, his eyes going wide. "L-let's find a safer place." The three moved, going further and further away from the manor.

As they walked, Seto's head pounded as he tried to think up a plan. He decided that it might be the drug that was messing him up. It would be the best-case scenario. However if that wasn't the case, he doesn't know what to do. No backup plan worried him to no end.

They found themselves a small house. No, it was too small to be even called a house. It was more like a hut, crafted entirely out of sticks, logs and wood. It was a small one, having only a straw mat and a small circular table.

After the three sit down on the straw mat uncomfortably, Seto takes a deep breath and looks at the two.

"There's portals... well ripples that you travel through to get to here and our home."

"We got in here because Seto opened up a ripple but..." Sky added in.

Jason's eyes were slowly widening as he realized what they meant. "We... we can't go back?!" His shoulders dropped down in despair.

Silence overtakes them.

"We can find another way." Seto suddenly spoke. "There has to be."

"Maybe... we can talk to Envy-"

"The Sin?!" Sky exclaimed.

"Y-yeah... we were together and—"

"Are you okay? Did he hurt you?!" Sky asked, extremely worried.

Jason opens his mouth to say nothing happened but his hand touches his glove. "I.. I'm not sure... I have this..." He carefully pulls off his left gloves, revealing the black skin.

Before Sky and Seto can react, Jason stands up, backing away from the two. "Don't go near me... This... everything I touch..." A sudden image of the man he had killed came to mind. He swallowed, holding back tears.

"Everything... you touch?" Seto repeated, cautiously. "Can you show us?"

Jason nodded slowly and headed outside with Seto and Sky. He crouches down and pats a patch of grass. Seto and Sky watched as the grass seemed to turn gray and shrivel up before crumbling to ash.

"That is... " Seto recalled reading about that effect somewhere. "... Wither's Curse...?!" He frowns. Wither's Curse originated from a mob called the Wither which had the ability to drain the lifeforce of the living close by, slowly depleting them until they were lifeless. "How did you get that?"

"Envy gave it to me," Jason looks at Seto with hopeful eyes. "Can you get rid of it?"

"Sorry Jason, I don't think I can help you there. I'm confused how Envy could do that..."

"No way..." Jason puts his gloves back on, defeated.

"If Envy cursed you... I don't think it's a good idea to ask him about anything." Sky said. "He's obviously not going to help us..."

"Maybe we can talk it out."

"Jason... Envy isn't a sort of person to talk things out." Seto sighs. "We'll have to force him to take us back home."

"How are we supposed to do that?" Sky exclaimed. "We don't even know this place. Besides, it's just too dangerous!"

Before anyone could reply, there was a low rumble. "T-the quakes!" Jason shouted out, remembering the first time he came into this world. A split in the ground appeared right between Seto's legs. He grabs Jason and Sky, pulling them to one side. A few moments later, the ground opened up, revealing a huge drop into the darkness. Sky gulped at what seems to be an endless drop. "What is this?!"

"This world is breaking apart." Jason sighs. "It's been like this since I entered here..."

"Is there any way we can get out without any involvement of Envy?" Sky asked. "I don't want to be here when the whole place falls apart."

Seto frowns, trying to think. "We... could look for one." He had never created a ripple, he only opened one which allowed the two to enter here. Going by that, if they find another one, Seto should be able to open it to take them back home.

"Let's go back to where we came from."