25: New Voice

Ian woke up early to check the conditions of the area. He was glad that he had something to do. The worry would have got to him.

Get back home safely.. Ian prayed. He looks around the sector, trying to spot anything that's strange. Some of them were awake, early birds like him. He went and chatted with them.

"Good morning," Ian greeted.

"Morning."

Ian studies the guy, trying to see if he was affected in anyway.

He flushes, noticing that Ian was looking at him intensely. "Is-is something wrong Virtue?!"

He wasn't affected.

"It's nothing..."

Ian hears some shouting from elsewhere. His head turns towards the source, frowning.

"How could you do that to your own mother!" A man shouted at a young boy.

"She's annoying!" He screamed at the man.

The mother was crying, hiding her face with her hands. The man steps forward, slapping the boy's across the cheek. "I don't ever want to see you again."

The boy holds onto his stinging cheek, shocked. He recovered quickly, glaring at the man. "I don't care. I don't want to see you either." He shouted before running away.

"This is also your fault.." The man barked harshly at the woman. "You raised him wrong and look what happened!"

The woman continued to cry. "What's going on.. What's wrong with you two.."

"What's wrong with me? What's wrong with you?!" His arm raise to hit her.

Oh no.. Ian rushed over and grabbed the man's wrist to prevent him from hitting her. "Calm down!"

"Virtue.." The woman cried. "Something happened to my husband and son.. They.. they're not themselves."

"What the f*ck are you doing?!" The husband fumed. "Screw off!" He snatched his hand back, scowling.

"Sir.. please calm down..!"

"I don't need to hear you." The husband turns around, and stormed away.

"What is going on Virtue.." The wife looks at Ian. "Please fix this.."

"D-don't worry, we will.."

He offered her a temporary stay with the other Virtues but she refuses, rather concerned for her husband and son.

It wasn't just the husband and the som. Ian checked more in this area and almost all its people are affected in some shape of form. He spent the whole early morning to help settle down things.

Why is it.. this bad..?

He hurried to report the information. He ran into Ty who had a grim expression on his face.

"Ty!" Ian exclaimed. "This... I don't think... Sky only left a while ago..!"

"I know.." Ty replied. "Mitch and Jerome is also trying to calm them down."

"It shouldn't be this extreme!"

Ian and Ty turns to see Quentin, distressed. "They just went to rescue Jason.. We have to do something before the whole thing gets even worse!"

Ty bites his lips. What should I do? He wondered, stressfully. What can I do?

"Guys!"

Mitch and Jerome ran towards them. "We need to do something." Mitch exclaimed loudly. "The Effects are spreading way too fast."

"Maybe sending those two into the ripple was a bad idea.." Quentin muttered.

"But Jason's in there.." Ian said. "But it seems like the Effects amplified..."

"Ty.. what should we do?" Quentin asked. They turn to him, waiting on an answer.

What should we do..? Ty repeated in his head. His mind is blank. He doesn't know what to do.

He looks down at the ground, trying to come up with some sort of reply. What should we do..? What would Sky say?!

'This is getting interesting.'

Ty looks up to see who had said that. A shudder went through his body. "Who.. who said that?" He looks around, realizing the world around him was turning pitch black.

'You are one useless Virtue, aren't you?'

He looks around, confused and scared. "Wh.. what's going on..?"

The world morphed back to where he was before. Ty can see his friends' back facing him.

'Ty doesn't have any idea on what to do.' Ian said.

'Can you believe that?! I thought Sky let him lead for a good reason.' Quentin exclaimed.

"G-guys..?" Ty started. "What.. what is this..?"

'At this rate, this world will be doomed.' Jerome sighs. 'We need a leader.'

Leadership... Ty looks down at himself. "I.. I can lead..."

'He doesn't have any good ideas on what to do at all.' The group snickered. 'Idiotic..'

Ty felt his body growing heavy as the group continued to talk.

'Maybe he's a coward?'

"No.. this.. This doesn't make sense..." Ty looks around, panicking. "I was.. where am I?"

'...Ty.'

".... Ty?!"

The next thing he knew is looking up to see his friends staring at him with concerned faces.

"You okay?" Quentin asked. "You spaced out there."

Ty blinks slowly, trying to process what he just witnessed. "Ye.. yeah.."

What was that?