52: Going Back

Jason gave them a brief summary of what happened between him, Envy and Pride.

Seto's eyes went wide as Jason showed his healing ability. "There's no doubt about it... this is your Essence... but how...?"

"I'm not sure either..." Jason admitted, sheepishly.

"If Envy saved you from Pride then he must have good intentions." Ian said, smiling in relief.

"I don't believe that for even a second." Seto frowned, looking at the direction of the two Sins. "Both of the Sins are up to no good."

"Sloth is helping!" Ian exclaimed. "He even gave me information about the other Sins."

"Envy is helping too...!" Jason cried out. "I.. I misunderstood them.. he was just trying to protect me. He's able to take us all home."

"How do we know if he would do that, Jason?" Seto questioned. "He could be lying about taking us home."

"He... he will..."

Sky sighed as he began developing a headache. "We... we should trust Jason's words for now." He said slowly.

Seto's eyes shifted to Sky, widening in shock. "Sky... they're Sins... There's absolutely no way they're helping us with full good intentions."

"We don't know exactly how much time passed" Sky explained. "We got Jason here with us and Ian too.. Ty, Quentin, Jerome and Mitch must be worried sick about us."

"That's true..." Ian muttered. "The Effects were getting a bit out of hand when you guys left."

"You're saying we have to trust that Envy brings us back like he said he would?" Seto asked slowly.

Sky nodded. "If we don't wind up back home, we'll know for sure that they're hiding something."

"But that's risky-"

"I'm willing to take the risk." Sky cut Seto off, looking at Sloth and Envy conversing. "We got to head back home and fix things up..."

Jason fumbled with his thoughts, wondering if he should tell them about what happened in the flower field. He froze, realizing that he let out a crucial detail.

"Envy... he also said that the two realms were merging..." Jason added. "And... Herobrine-"

"H-Hero... brine?!" Ian exclaimed. "Isn't... isn't that..." He turned to look at Seto whose face had gone pale.

"Wh... what did you say, Jason..?" Seto asked him, slowy.

"Herobrine... he's going to be awakened..."

Seto let out a shaky laugh, much to everyone's surprise. "You're joking, Jason..." He looked at Jason with an unsteady smile on his face. "Please tell me you're joking."

Jason looked down at the ground, unable to say anything more. 

The corners of Seto's mouth dropped as he looked at Jason with dread. "This... can't be happening... what... what caused this... why..?"

"Herobrine... he's the reason why the Sins are here..." Ian muttered. "If he's real then everything else is true."

"We... we have to get everyone together..." Sky said, quickly. "If we come up with a plan-"

"Sky... If the writings are accurate, Herobrine is what we call a God." Seto's bites his lips. "The Sins are bad enough and now this is happening."

Jason listened as they continued to talk. He noticed that Envy and Sloth were coming their way. "Guys... Envy and Sloth finished talking." He said, breaking up the conversation.

"Virtues... let's go... we're going to your realm." Sloth said.

"Hold on."

Envy stopped his movements, looking at Seto.

"Why... why is Herobrine coming alive?!" Seto asked, glaring intensely at the two Sins. "You Sins... would want him to awaken..."

"I'm not sure what's causing the awakening..." Sloth replied. "But the collapse of the Mirror Realm plays a big part of it."

"I don't want Father to awaken..." Envy mumbled. "I'm afraid of the time when he will..."

"Trust me, Sorcerer." Sloth eyed Seto closely. "Having him awake and going will do me more harm than anything." He scratched his head, scowling deeply. "I wouldn't give my quiet days for anything else."

Sky puts a hand on Seto's shoulders before he can say anything. "Please take us home.. we can figure things out. We can figure this out together."

Envy's hands reached out as he formed a ripple in front of him. "This ripple leads us near the kingdom.." He said, looking at Jason for support.

"I-I trust him!" Jason said quickly. "Let me go first, I'll go in and I'll come back right away." He rushed forward but was stopped by Seto.

"No.. let me go first." Seto said. "If anything goes wrong... you guys will know."

They watched as Seto went ahead and entered the ripple, hesitantly. A few seconds passed and Seto didn't return. Envy felt increasingly worried if the ripple had somehow warped Seto somewhere else, just like what happened last time.

He let out a huge sigh of relief when Seto came back, giving them a nod as it was safe to enter.

Sloth quickly followed after Ian disappeared into the ripple, trailing closely to him.

Jason was about to enter but paused to smile widely at Envy. "Thanks Envy!" Before Envy could answer, he went inside the ripple.

Sky watched Envy closely, noticing Envy's face soften as Jason said those words to him. Jason seemed to trust him very much, even after what had happened. For that to happen, Jason must be confident that Envy was good. 

But even with that, Sky had seen how Envy was like when he first encountered him. It was almost like the Sin had changed into an entirely new person. It was a bit terrifying.

Sky stepped into the ripple he kept thinking about Envy.

Jason... how were you able to change him....?