91: Dome

A/N: Sorry for the real slow updates, motivation has not been so great.

--

"I'm done playing around!"

After Pride's declaration, a dark shape materialized under the Sin's feet. Sky didn't know what it was nor could he tell. Jimmy's eyes widened in realization and he frantically put his palm on the ground and it glowed purple dimly.

Pride snickered. "Are you trying to run away?! Too late!" The thing under the Sin suddenly grew in size, causing both Sky and Jimmy to be above the dark shape as well.

Sky can hear Jimmy curse loudly before the edges of the dark shape shoot up. He looks up, seeing that it formed into a dome that encases the entire premise.

"Wh-what is this?!" Sky exclaimed.

"A shadow dome." Sky looks over to Jimmy seeing his expression grow dark as he stood back up. "I see... this must be what he can do with a physical body..."

"I don't understand..." Sky muttered. "What... What about Ty?!"

"Your Virtue friend?" Jimmy laughed. "You can forget about him! Superbia is in charge of his body now!"

Sky looked back at Pride in growing horror. Ty's body has changed. A pair of black dragon wings on his back, white horns sprouting out from his head, and a tail. No matter how he looked at it, everything that resembled Ty vanished. His brown hair was blood-stained and slicked back. His bloody right eyelid remained closed. His intact eye glowed brightly in the dim light as he sneered.

"No." Sky's voice was quiet.

"No...?" Jimmy crooked his head, puzzled.

"I don't believe it." His hand balled up into fists, trembling. "Ty... Ty has to still be in there."

"I don't think you have time to think about that, Patience."

Sky turned his attention back towards Pride, eyes going wide with alarm when he couldn't see him anywhere. Something fast went by him and the only indication was a fast breeze of wind.

Jimmy let out a shout of pain, staggering backward as he held onto his shoulder. Pride was there as well and Jimmy lashed out, his purple aura flinging itself towards the Sin. The body of Pride dispersed into nothing and the aura went through it harmlessly.

The sorcerer let out another pained cry. He gritted his teeth and whirled around, kicking at the empty air. Blood follows his leg coming from the fresh wound.

"Superbia, are you really just going to hide in the shadows?" Jimmy yelled out.

Shadows...? Sky realized that the dome cast a shadow covering the entire premise. Then he sees it. A claw-like hand emerges from the ground. Jimmy quickly jumps to the side, avoiding the slashes.

Sky watches in shock as Pride himself emerges from the shadow, sneering. "Hiding?" The Sin repeated. "I just want to play with you in my domain."

Jimmy laughed loudly. "Why are you making excuses?"

The two glared at each other as they catch their breath. It was clear that they were both nearing their limits.

"Pride, what did you do to Ty?!" Sky exclaimed.

"Don't worry, Virtue," Pride glanced at Sky, snickering. "I'll deal with you once I kill this sorcerer."

"What can you do with one dragon eye?" Jimmy taunted. "I waited far too long to get my hands on these eyes so hurry and give up the other one."

"As if!" Pride hissed. His body started merging with the shadows, the darkness crawling up his body. "I'm going to rip off your left hand too."

The situation wasn't looking good. Sky is sure the two of them wouldn't stop until one of them drops dead but by then... The other might die as well. Sky clenches his fists. Is there anything I can do?!

His mind went back to the time he tried to block the flames with his body for Pride. The fire had stopped right in front of him."That green light..." Sky muttered. "I... I somehow stopped the fire."

It had to be his Essence—an ability that past Virtues had but newer generations seemingly lost. It was the only logical explanation but Sky is still puzzled at his new power.

He doesn't know how to use it and how it works. There is no guarantee his Essence will activate if he steps between Pride and Jimmy again. Sky still has his sword but his injuries make it hard to wield it. His right shoulder throbbed in pain, making him grimace.

Pride lowered his stance and Jimmy readied himself. Both of their dragon eyes glowed and they made their move. The Sin seems surprised when Jimmy moves towards Sky instead.

Sky was taken back too, barely having any time to put up his sword when Jimmy held on to his arm. Sky tried to wretch his arm out of Jimmy's grasp as fire suddenly burst out from Jimmy's hand, burning through Sky's sleeves. He let out a painful cry as he staggered backward, dropping the sword.

"Who are you focusing on?!" Pride lunges toward Jimmy.

"I'm going to test a little experiment." Jimmy grabs Sky and shoves him in front of him. His aura took hold of him instantly, squeezing his entire body and preventing him from moving. "Don't worry Virtue, if he doesn't kill you then you'll know your friend is still there!"

"Do you think that'll stop me?" Pride snarled. "I'll rip through both of you!"

Sky's eyes widened as Pride's claws drew back, ready to slash. From what it looks like, the Sin wasn't kidding.

Just before his claws could go through what he said, Pride freezes. Sky let out a breath he didn't know he was holding. The Sin gritted his teeth as his claws shook, trying to finish the action. He cursed out in irritation as he jumped back.

"Hahaha! It seems like you were right, Virtue! It looks like your friend is still there somehow." Jimmy smiled widely. "But it's quite unfortunate... you'll have to help me kill him."