30: Guest

"W-why is Jason's name on here?" Sky asked, fearful that there was something dark behind these pictures. "What... what do these even mean..?"

Before Seto can respond, he hears footsteps coming down the staircase.He grabs Sky quickly, pulling him to the corner with their backs on the wall.

"Master? Are you back?"

"That's strange... the door is open.."

"Ah! The bugs are going to fly in!"

Sky peeks around the corner to see a tall woman looking at the entrance. She is dressed in a dark blue maid outfit. She closes the front door slowly. Seto pulls Soy back in fear that they will be caught.

How are we supposed to get out now? Sky thought panicky.

Seto silently motioned Sky to follow him and they continued down the hallway.

"There could be some kind of a back door." Seto whispered. He carefully opened the door at the end of the hall, praying it doesn't creak.

Inside was a rather small bedroom. There was a man looking at a small mirror, combing his hair with his fingers carefully and slowly. He noticed that his door had opened and turned around. Seto pulled back fast but not fast enough for the man to not notice.

"Who's there?" The man called out as he starts walking towards his door.

Sky and Seto quickly went through the hallway once more, only to be stopped by the tall lady they saw.

"I thought I heard something." She said. "Lola, we have visitors." She called out.

Oh no... Seto thought. We're trapped.

A short, petite girl peeks into the hallway. She has bright blue eyes and blonde twintails. She is dressed in a similar fashion of the tall lady. "Kathy, who are they?" She asked. "New friends?"

"So it was you two who came to my room," Seto and Sky turns to see the man. The man smiles widely as his blue eyes lits up. "I'm not mad, the manor is big. It's easy to get lost here."

Butler and maids? Seto thought, noticing how the man is dressed in a suit with a dark blue tie.

Sky swore he saw those three on the wall somewhere on the hallway.

"Darren, they came into your room?" Kathy asked, brushing her curly black hair off her shoulders.

Darren nodded slowly. "My name is Darren," He introduced himself. "That fine lady over there us Kathy and that's Lola." He flashes a smile at Sky.

"M-my name is Sky.. and this is Seto.." Sky flushes conscious of how attractive they all look. "The door just.. opened.."

"Ah, the manor wanted you to come in." Lola said, smiling.

"Let's greet our guest properly." Darren said.

"Welcome to the manor!" Kathy exclaimed excitedly. "Take a seat, we will get you two something to drink." She beckons them to the sofas and the three hurried off to fetch refreshments.

"Wow..." Sky muttered. "Do you think they're nice?" He whispered to Seto.

"Don't let your guard down," Seto whispered back. "This is the Mirror Realm."

"They're not.. weird.. they seem pretty normal.."

"Let's hurry and get out of here when we can."

Darren came back with a black tray. It has a small teapot with multiple teacups. He offered the tray to Seto and then Sky. "Here's a nice cup of tea." He said. "Go on, take a sip. It's a pretty long way to get here since we're far in the woods."

Seto takes the cup in his hands. He caught a whiff of the tea. It smelled so... so amazing. He couldn't resist gulping down the entire cup.

His heart thumped, causing him to drop his cup to the ground where it broke into pieces. Sky was about to take his cup when it happened.

"S-Seto..?!"

This..this is... Seto coughs violently, trying to somehow bring the liquid back up but it was already too late. It was already in his system.  He swings his arm, knocking the tray off the table. The tea spilled onto the ground and the glass broke.

"What's wrong Seto?!" Sky exclaimed as he saw Seto's face turning red as his body trembled.

"Sk-Sky..." Seto managed out. "Get out... run.." His body felt like it was on fire.

"This is pretty interesting, usually people would be completely immersed in the drug." Kathy leaned forward from behind the couch, tracing a nail across Seto's cheeks. "You're a bit.. different."

Sky's hands went for his sword but an arm was put around his neck, holding him in a chokepoint position from behind. "Not so fast there~" Lola sang.

That didn't stop Sky from grabbing hold of the handle. Darren grabs Sky's wrist, humming as he pry his fingers off the handle. "Swords are too dangerous for people to carry around." Darren said as he free the sword from Sky's grasp.

"Who are you guys?!" Sky shouted.

"Who are we?" Darren leans towards Sky, smiling. "We're only here to serve the owner of this manor." Sky can see that something was wrong with his eyes. It was strange seeing something so lifeless looking at him.

"Who's the owner of the manor?"

"You will see."

"Sk-Sky..." Seto muttered as he stands up from the sofa. "I'll...." He tries to help Sky but he couldn't focus, struggling to even stand up straight.

"What did you do to Seto?"

"It's our master's Love Drug." Lola giggled, holding out a small purple and blue pill. "It smells super good especially when it's in a drink."

"Look at him, he's so adorable." Kathy pointed to Seto who was trying to walk to Sky.

Seto's surroundings changes. Sky seems to be miles away, stretching away from Seto. He shakes his head, trying to clear his vision. I... have to get us out of here... He grabs his head as it started pounding.

Seto's legs buckled and he couldn't catch himself. His whole body fell to the ground. He felt disoriented, not even sure what just happened.

Lola brought the pill in front of Sky's face. "Come on, take it too." Sky refused and turned away. "Come on!" She presses the pill onto Sky's lips trying to get him to open his mouth.

All of the sudden, the manor doors flew open. The three stopped what they were doing, facing towards the entrance.

"Welcome back, Master." All three said in unison.

Sky finds himself looking at what to be Jerome, carrying Jason in his arms.

"Oh my, what's this?" He looks around the room. "I didn't expect two virtues to be here.. plus a bonus~"