69: Wounds

Ian rushed up the stairs as soon as he heard Quentin shouting. "Quentin?!" He yelled. He ran down the hall that he saw the two disappear into.

I knew that was a bad idea. Ian looked at the hallways, deciding to take a random path. With each turn, Ian seemingly somehow ends up going back to where he started.

"What is with this place?" Ian exclaimed. "Quentin, are you there!?" There was no response and noise. He continued trying to navigate through the maze of hallways.

"Quentin... where did he take you...?!"

Quentin got placed back on the patient's bed. He watched as Gluttony opened the cabinets, bringing out a tray. To his horror, it was full of tools that had blood on it.

Gluttony picked up a handsaw, turning towards Quentin. "I... take.. left arm... for myself..." He pointed towards his left arm which had previously got sliced off by Quentin.

N... no... he's really going to take my arm off! Quentin struggled, trying to move his body with no avail.

"No... worry...." Gluttony told him, smiling. "Syringe... feel no pain..."

Gluttony places the handsaw over Quentin's left arm.

"Sto.. stop..." He managed to croak out. The Sin didn't seem to have heard him, his smile growing bigger.

"I... can't wait..." Gluttony muttered. "To use you..."

At this point, Quentin decided to accept his fate. He squeezes his eyes tight, waiting for it to happen. Before Gluttony can start, the door flew open.

Ian was in the doorway, panting. "I... found you..."

Gluttony slowly turned back towards Ian, obviously unhappy that he was interrupted. Quentin on the other hand felt relieved but that quickly faded as now Ian would have to engage a Sin without an artifact.

"....can't... move....." Quentin managed out.

"Get away from Quentin, right now." Ian demanded, pointing his knife towards Gluttony. Gluttony glared at him as he stepped towards Ian.

"Have... to... take care.. of you." Gluttony muttered, slowly walking towards Ian. He grabbed a pair of metal scissors off the tray, abandoning the handsaw.

Ian originally planned to escape with Quentin to avoid fighting with the Sin head on. Gluttony was blocking the way and with this narrow area, there was no way Ian could get Quentin out of the room safely.

He wished Sloth or Envy was there to help but it looks like he was on his own.

"Once... I take care.... of you... I will take... your leg..." Gluttony said as he walked towards Ian.

Using the metal scissors like a knife, Gluttony thrusts it forward, aiming directly for Ian's throat. Ian ducked down, swiping his knife across Gluttony's legs.

Gluttony didn't even flinch, plunging his scissors down at Ian. Ian's eyes widened as he jumped back but he was too slow. The scissors blade went through his right shoulder, tearing through his shirt. Ian winces loudly in pain as he grabs it, trying to reduce the bleeding. The wound was deep, if he can't finish this up soon, he will bleed out. Gluttony smiled gleefully, knowing that fact.

"Ian...!" Quentin managed to move a few fingers.

I have to... get rid of him... Ian thought, gripping the knife. It doesn't look like he can control us...

Blood drips down to the floor from his shoulder as Gluttony advances. "I... will take.. your left leg.." He lunged at Ian, swinging his scissors left and right as Ian was forced to back up.

"Move...!" Quentin wanted to go and help Ian but he was unable to. He watched in despair as Ian was forced out in the hallway away from the room. My.. Artifact... I have to use it!

Ian waited for an opening, avoiding the scissors to the best of his ability. Cuts form on his arms and cheeks. There! Ian thrusts his knife at Gluttony before he can swing his scissors. It plunges into his head, slightly above his left eye.

Quentin thought it was over until Ian shouted out in pain. Gluttony was still alive. The metal scissors embedded itself into Ian's lower back. Ian shoved Gluttony away, staggering back.

"Ugh...!" A pool of blood formed at Ian's feet. His vision was blurred, barely seeing Gluttony smiling triumphantly.

"Don't... look so... good... Virtue..." Gluttony said. He grabbed the knife's handle and yanked it out of his head.

"How...." Ian breathed. He fell to his knees, unable to stand anymore. "How are you... alive...?" He collapses to the ground, breathing heavily.

The knife wound where Ian stabbed Gluttony had no blood but it was there. Gluttony simply ignored it as it doesn't affect him.

"Shooting Star!"

A beam of blue light shot through Gluttony's body. "Uughn.." He looked down at his body, finding a large hole through his chest. He slowly turned back to see Quentin holding a full Artifact.

It was a white gun with blue plates that had a number of symbols on it. It emitted a low light blue light.

Ian was still conscious at that point. He smiled weakly, glad that Quentin figured out how to fix his Artifact before blacking out on the ground.

"You...." Gluttony limped back towards Quentin.

Quentin presses the trigger again. A sigil appeared in front of the gun as it charged. He fires off another, hitting Gluttony's other arm. Gluttony continued walking without stopping even as his body fell apart.

He lost both of his arms and his legs were barely hanging on. His jaw became unhinged and his words became inaudible.

T.... em.... ance...."

What's left of Gluttony's body fell to the ground and to Quentin's relef, he stopped moving.

Quentin got out of the room as fast as he could. The drug is still there but it was slowly wearing off. "Ian!" He picked him up, quickly laying him on the bed.

Luckily, all the medical things he needed were here and he knows how to close wounds.

"Ian.. hang in there, please!"