21: Deicided

Seto had went back to where he last saw Envy. He disappeared around this area.. Seto scans the area, trying to see if there was a ripple.

The rest of the Virtues had followed Seto outside.

Mitch scowls. "What are you trying to do, Seto?"

"Envy.. he disappeared around here.." Seto explained. "He.. he must have gone into the Mirror Realm.."

"I.. I'm still confused." Ian confessed. "How did Jason get in the Mirror Realm?"

"The Sin took him," Seto replied. "I guess he knows how to go through the Realms easily." He squinted hard. There was no trace of a ripple at all.

Seto finds himself growing anxious, biting his lips. If he can't find a way to open the ripple, he might never see Jason again.. Plus the longer Jason's in there, the worse the Effects of Virtue Absence it is.

But that only happens when a Virtue passes away... Seto thought. But this is another realm... there's a possibility that Jason is still alive.

He felt a hand on his shoulder. He looked back to see Ty, smiling at him. "Calm down, Seto." He said softly. "We'll find a way." Seto stiffens a smile.

"Envy.. he disappeared.. here?" Jerome asked dubious as he looks around the area. "But how?"

"A ripple." Seto answered. "It's like a portal.."

"Then we need to find the ripple." Sky said, looking around. "How do we find it?"

"Look for something that's not right." Seto said. "It should be.. distorted."

They looked around, peering and trying to find something out of the ordinary. "Everything looks normal." Quentin called out, sighing.

Seto ignored him, trying to focus on finding a tear. Even the smallest tear can help him open a ripple.

"A ripple." Mitch whispers to himself. His eyes slowly traveled right, trying to find anything abnormal. His eyes stopped on a particular spot. He frowns, staring at it.

What the... The area is... blurred?

"Guys.. there's something here." He called out, pointing towards it.

Seto looks where Mitch is pointing. It took some time but he can see it. "A ripple!" He exclaimed, his face exploding into a smile. "There's a small tear of the ripple!"

Sky had to squint a few times to actually see it. "No way..." He would have never spotted it if he hasn't focused hard in trying to locate the ripple.

"I can see it." Jerome said. "So.. how can we go through?"

"Hold on," Seto walks towards the spot. He had opened up portals before. The same concept should apply to ripples... He held out his palm towards the ripple. He increases his flow of aura to his hand and shuts his eyes. Open the ripple. He thought to himself. Tear it back open. A purple glow appeared around his hand and the tear started expanding.

"I can't believe this..." Ian said in awe. "It's getting bigger."

Seto pulls back, panting. The tear took a lot of his aura. It's big enough for people to get into. He didn't notice he was walking towards it until Ty pulls him back. "Be careful!"

"This.. leads to where Jason is?" Sky asked.

Seto nodded slowly. "Yeah.. I'm not sure how long the ripple will stay here."

Jerome looks at the ripple closely before sticking his whole arm inside. Mitch gasped. "Biggums!"

"Gaah!" Jerome said. "Oh no, my arm—"

Mitch grabs onto Jerome. "Hold on, I'll help you!"

"—is fine." Jerome pulls his arm back, grinning widely. "See?"

"Don't scare me like that." Mitch said, lightly punched him on the shoulder.

A collective sigh of relief went over the Virtues. "Are we sure Jason's inside of there?" Quentin asked.

"People are getting affected here. It's the Effect." Ian reminded him. "Jason's not here with us, the only place he can be is the Mirror Realm."

The Effect is how the Virtues affect those around them. Each Virtue have a positive effect are those around them. But it is said if the Virtue passes away, the Effects will disappear unless the next reincarnations are coming.

"I have a plan," Sky announced. "But we all can't go rescue Jason."

"Hold on, it will be bad if anyone of us go." Ian pointed out. "We can't get more Affected.."

"That's why only me and Seto are going." Sky said.

"The Sin counterpart is.. Wrath.." Mitch scratches his head. "Seto going is a good reason, Virtue or not but..."

"We'll find Jason as fast as we could." Sky said.

"We don't even know what the other realm is like." Ian muttered.

"Shouldn't we keep the Virtue of Patience?" Jerome said. "We do not want angry people going around."

"We have to get Jason back." Sky exclaimed. "He's stuck in there!"

"What.. what if the ripple disappears?" Ty asked, concerned. "

"Seto can open it back up.. right?" Quentin said hopefully. Everyone looks at Seto. He looks at the ripple. "I'm.. not completely sure how I did it.." He confessed. "I think it's easier if I go by myself."

"Seto, it's dangerous.." Sky looks at Seto, frowning. "Someone has to be there to help you."

"I don't think you two should go.." Mitch said. "What if you two got trapped in the Mirror Realm with Jason? Seto is our only Wielder, no one else would be able to open the ripple."

"But Jason's in there." Sky argued. "We can't leave him in there."

The Virtues started talking about the concerns and risks. Sefo looks at the ripple, trying to find out exactly how he had done it. He expanded his aura into one point to see if it would tear and it did. The only thing he knows is making a previous ripple accessible.

Ty was hesitant to say anything rash. He wanted Jason to come back safely but at the same time he doesn't want to put Sky and Seto at risk.

"I know Jason is important but I don't really want to see anyone gone." Mitch sighed. "What do we do if you two disappear with him?"

"That's the worst case scenario." Seto said.

"No... the worst is when we do nothing." Sky pointed the ripple. "Jason is in there and he needs our help. We can't just.. leave him in there.."

It took a few minutes before Mitch sighs. "Okay. Go and save Jason for us."