31: Work

"I'm sorry, I really am." Ty apologizes profusely at the crying woman. "I will make sure they will get better and come back home."

Quentin, at another household was trying to explain calmly that they were separating people for a good reason.

Mitch and Jerome went into households to talk to each family to spot out the Affected. There was at least one showing signs in every house.

Ian is the one that noted who was affected. After a couple hours, they managed to get nearly all the Affected to one side of the residence. The ones that had to transfer went into the empty households where they were politely welcomed.

By this time, it was nighttime and all the Virtues were exhausted.

"That was too much.." Ty said, sighing. "We have to finish everything tomorrow."

Jerome's head was on the table, he gave a thumbs up in response.

The table grew silent. "Do you think... another Sin is here..?" Quentin asked, nervously. "I mean.. Envy was here and we didn't even know."

"That fake looks exactly like him." Ian said. "We wouldn't have known if it wasn't for Seto."

"The Sins are copies of ourselves.." Ty muttered.

The Virtues grew quiet. Mitch stands up abruptly. "Everyone show your symbol."

Mitch shows his right hand. Jerome caught on quickly, holding out his left hand. Ty pushes his hair up, revealing his own on his forehead. Quentin takes off his jacket, unbuttoning his shirt and pulling enough for the others to see the symbol on his shoulder. Ian sighs, knowing his is completely concealed. He gets out of his black jacket while turning around and pulls his shirt above his head, showing them the symbol on his back.

"It's safe to assume that we're really ourselves.." Mitch said, letting out a relieved sigh.

Ty nodded slowly.

"Was there any known way to help the Affected?" Ian asked. "It could be.. somewhere in a book at the library."

"I'm not sure if this even happened before." Quentin said."Besides.. we would have to dig through all the books since Seto isn't here."

The Virtues started talking at once, all trying to figure out a way to fix the problem.

"Listen guys," Mitch said. "We're tired... Let's go to bed."

"We can't rest knowing that the three might never come back!" Ian said loudly. "We're just.. sitting here."

"We can't follow then..." Ty muttered.

"The Affected are going to become worse, what happens will they do?" Ian continued. "You've all heard of how the Affected are.."

"Unstable.." Quentin said.

"..Uncontrollable..." Jerome added.

"This has never happened before," Ian went on. "Not once... The Sins were just... part of a story.."

Ian was correct. Nothing like this has ever happened before. Ty remembers Seto calling this type of an event a Dark Period, when a Virtue is gone from the world. Although they can reincarnate, it usually takes a few years. Under normal circumstances, nothing would happen even if the Virtue has passed. It would take several long years for an actual Dark Period.

"C-calm down Ian..." Quentin said, nervously. "Besides it's nighttime... Everyone is sleeping."

"You can check up on them tomorrow morning, Ian." Mitch said. "We'll finish up everything tomorrow." He cast a wearily grin at everyone.

"Get a good sleep." Ty said as he stands up from his chair. "Don't stress too much, Ian." He muttered to Ian as he passed by him, straining a tired smile.

Ian sighs, seeing that he was the last one in the room to leave. "Tomorrow morning..."