102: Scratches

Currently, Brice and Ant are taking care of Seto. Mitch and Jerome are recovering from their fight with Lust.

A number of bodies lay in the area where Herobrine is. Wrath's body was tossed aside, blood staining through the middle of his back. Ty is seemingly unconscious as Pride was forcefully pulled out of him. Envy is curled up in a fetal position, bleeding from his throat and a missing arm.

Sloth stood there as the cold, glowing eyes bore into his. Even if he and Envy had failed from the start, the Virtues would have run away—anywhere Father can't find them.

However...

He gritted his teeth as he heard Ian and Sky join his side.

"Are you Virtues insane..?!" Sloth growled. "You were supposed to run, not fight!"

"We can't just leave you two behind..." Sky answered. "You're going to need as much help as you can get."

"Ty... and Envy...!" Ian exclaimed. "W-what happened?"

"They're still alive but you four need to get out of here!"

"N-no... not without everyone with us...!" Jason wiped away his tears.

Sloth felt a headache setting in. He had known from the start that this was a suicide mission. Even so, they had to try. Now with the Virtues here, Father would likely not let them go.

Herobrine took a step forward, the tip of his sword nearly touching the ground.

Sloth braces himself, his smoke gathering more densely around him.

His top priority should be getting the Virtues out of here safely.

"Take Humility and Invidia and run." Sloth urged. "Don't worry about me."

"We can't—" Sky couldn't finish his sentence when Herobrine broke into a sprint.

Sloth's smoke cut through the air towards Herobrine but he had ducked, avoiding it. The Sin quickly pulls his smoke to defend himself as Herobrine was rapidly approaching him.

Herobrine simply turned on his heels, passing by him.

Sloth whirled around, seeing Herobrine going straight for Sky. He was targeting the Virtues first!

"Patience!" Sloth shouted out.

Sky barely had any time to brace himself as the Artifact Nemeisio retrieved from him blocked Herobrine's blade. The strength behind Herobrine's sword was enough to throw Sky off balance. As Herobrine lunges at Sky, a blue beam shot forward towards him.

Herobrine stops just short of the beam. Quentin flinched as Herobrine's attention went on him, tightening the hold on Shooting Star which has smoke coming out of its muzzle.

Sloth's smoke already rushed forward, spiraling towards Herobrine. He wasn't sure if Father would be affected by the sleeping gas or not. The only reason that he hasn't tried was that Invidia was in the area. Now with the Virtues here, he can't afford to take the risk.

"Sins siding with the Virtues?" Herobrine mumbled as he parried the sharpened smoke with his sword. "Ridiculous. Is this the result of me being away for that long?"

Jason rushed over to Envy and Ty, followed closely by Ian.

"I'm going to get Ty away from here!" Ian exclaimed, pointing to where Ty is laying. Jason nodded in response.

"Jahh... son..." Envy croaked up once he noticed Jason kneeling beside him.

Now that Jason was up close, he can see the full extent of his wounds. If Envy was a regular person, he would be dead.

"A-Acheron..." Jason places his trembling hand on the Sin as droplets of water emerge from Ocean Hymn. "I-I'll heal you as best as I can."

Envy just nodded as he focuses on the fight. Acedia... With the Virtue's help... can... can we win?

Herobrine was making his way to Sloth with every step faster than the last. Smoke merged together, forming two dense blue solids in the shape of a curved blade. His sword struck the first blade while the second whirled around him, nicking the side of his cheek.

Herobrine seems to pause in his advances, reaching to touch the cut. He stared at the blood that coated the tip of his fingers.

"Heh..." Sloth smirked. "It looks like even someone like you can bleed."

Herobrine's eyes flashed angrily as he clenches his jaw. "You–" He abruptly stops, quickly turning his body to the side. Sky slashes through the air with his Artifact from behind.

"I–I scratched him!" Sky exclaimed as his blade grazed Herobrine's fabric and arm. The victory was short-lived as Herobrine raised his own sword, oozing with murderous intent. Sky's eyes widened as fear froze him in place. The feeling was so suffocating.

Before the sword could be brought down, smoke filled the space between the two and shoved Sky back. As Sloth blocks Herobrine's attack, Quentin shot at him from a further distance. Herobrine had already seen it coming, easily avoiding it.

Sky tried to calm himself down. It was absolutely terrifying. Adrenaline must be the only thing that's keeping him from falling down to his knees. He gripped Judgement's handle tightly, his body quivering slightly. He has to keep his head. He let out an exhale, letting his body relax.

"You... you're... using.... wrong..."

Sky turned in the direction of the weak voice. "Wh...who..." His eyes landed on Wrath. The Sin was still breathing. "Y-you're alive..."

Wrath tried to push himself up but was unable to do so. He grimaced as he crawled forward to Sky, leaving a bloody trail. "Save energy... Put... everything... in... single strike... " Wrath managed out. He seems to have trouble speaking, needing to stop every second to draw in a shaky breath. "Follow... sword..."

"Wait, don't move! Let me get you to Jason so–"

"Listen!" Wrath's outburst took Sky by surprise, enough to make him shut up. He coughed violently afterward. He had managed to pull his body in front of the Virtue. He reaches out, grabbing Judgement's by the blade. Blood spilled down from his hands as he gritted his teeth. "Revenge... I want... revenge... please..."

"Wrath..."

"Punishment... use Judgement... to punish..." Wrath tightened his grip on the blade, causing more blood to spill down. "Judge... him... Patience... win..." As the last words left his lips, his golden eyes dimmed. His hand slides down from the blade and the body grew limp.

Sky closes his eyes and lowers his head in respect.

Wrath... you said you want revenge... But I won't do it to avenge you. Sky turns back towards Herobrine who was occupied with Sloth and Quentin. We'll win for everyone's sake...

Through the Sin's memories, Sky figured out his true name.

Is that okay with you... Dacso?