14: Strange

Sky went to Jason's room, trying to find him. He wasn't present when they were eating breakfast. Sky walked through the halls, hoping to bump into him but Jason was nowhere to be found.

"Has anyone seen Jason?" Sky asked when he came back to the dining room. They were about done eating.

"I haven't seen Jason since this morning."  Quentin answered.

"Same here." Ty said. Mitch and Jerome raises their hands when Ty answered.

"Maybe he overslept." Ian said, frowning.

There was a pause and the Virtues turn to Seto.
"I saw him last night.." Seto said. "But.. something was.. weird.."

"Weird?" Ty looks at Seto, frowning. "What do you mean?"

Seto nodded slowly. "He was acting strange last night." He explained. "He didn't even call me Seto."

"Rough night?" Ian shrugs.

"You know how Jason goes out, he must be tired." Jerome said.

"But that's not-" Seto trails off as he realized that Jason was standing in the doorway. The room falls into an awkward silence.

"Oh, Jason! There you are." Sky said, trying to put things back to normal. "We were just looking for you."

Jason smiles in response but Sky frowns. It wasn't a genuine smile. It look like it was forced. "Are you okay?" Sky asked him, worried that Jason was feeling down.

Jason nodded. "I'm fine, you don't have to worry about me."

"I'm done," Mitch announced. "Me and Jerome will be going to get more bread." Jerome nodded, giving a wave before the two went out of the room.

"I'm also done." Ian grabs Mitch's and Jerome's plates to stack on top of his. Quentin got up to help him.

"Sorry that I'm late.." Jason said sheepishly. "I got caught up with something."

"No, it's fine!" Sky assured him.

Ty and Seto exchanged skeptical looks. Jason sat down slowly, looking around. He takes a toast from a plate and takes a bite out of it. Seto can see how Jason's face change but his expression changed back quickly.

Not only that Jason was acting weird. But he feels weird. Seto can sense it. Something was off about Jason.

It doesn't feel... right.. Seto thought.

Seto waited until Jason finishes. By then, Sky and Ty already left.

"Are you sure you're alright?" Seto asked. Jason nodded in response. Seto opens his mouth to say more but decided against it. "I finished," He muttered before going out of the room.

Jason looks around, making sure that no one was watching him. He let himself relax, his mouth turning into a wide smile. He couldn't handle the joy of tasting the food that humans made. It was nothing like what he ate in the Mirror Realm- tasteless meat and lots of wild fruits. How could these humans not be overwhelmed by Gula? He wondered.

Kindness has a nice life here..

There's only one thing that's bothering him. It was the Sorcerer. The one in the Mirror Realm is far different from the one that's in the Overworld. His magic was that intense that even the Sins can feel it in the air. If that Sorcerer is just as powerful as the Mirror Realm one then...

It will be a problem. From what he heard, the Virtue of Kindness's name is 'Jason'. He would have to learn everyone's name before making any confrontations. He already made the mistake of contacting him back in the library.

In Mirror Realm, the Sorcerer had played with all kinds of magic. He even somehow got his hands on a Nether being from what Jason can tell. He had turned the being into small pockets of magic and had fused himself with it. If Jason remembers correctly, that sorcerer had gone insane.

Although he haven't seen the Mirror sorcerer in a very long time but he still remembers how his aura felt. Both of their magic feels eerily familiar.

Jason decided to be extra careful around the sorcerer, deeming him dangerous.