86: Claws

Despite being injured, Greed was just as fast. Leaving Jerome behind, he sprinted towards Mitch. Mitch pulls in the invisible drawstring, forming another purple arrow. He takes aim and it only gazes at Greed's left shoulder and dissipates in purple light.

Mitch ran as he tried to recover the distances in between them. He fired a few arrows in quick succession. He watched in distress as Greed avoided the arrows or only got scratched.

Even though I shot him through his chest with my Artifact, he seems fine!

Greed was quickly approaching.

At this rate, he'll catch up!

As he turns to shoot more arrows, he sees the scarf suddenly extend out, instantly closing the distance between the two.

Mitch's eyes widened and claws aligned with his vision. The next couple of seconds felt like things were in slow motion.

His hands moved without him processing what was going to happen in front of him. His hands quickly push the grip and fold it in on itself. the two sides are connected with a click as it retains its faint purple glow.

Illumina had converted into a sword.

Feeling the rush of adrenaline, Mitch held up his Artifact sideways just before the claws could reach him. It made a loud clunk noise as it hit the side of the sword. He gritted his teeth as the scarf pushed him backward. With a strong shove, he redirected the scarf's claws upwards.

"Looks like you have gained control over your Artifact!" Mitch's attention turned back to the Sin, seeing an array of knives hurled at him. He can see the scarf coming back down at the same time.

Mitch leaped to the right, avoiding the knives as the scarf curved straight towards him. He held out Illumina, preparing to redirect its attack. To his surprise, the scarf suddenly retracted itself.

His eyes followed the scarf, his eyes widening as he realized Greed was right in front of him. He couldn't avoid the upward slash from Greed's knife completely. He stumbled back as the knife cut from his chin to his left cheek and upwards.

"Ugh...!" Mitch regains his footing after stumbling back a couple of steps. His left eye slowly opened, relieved that the dagger hadn't gone near his eye.

Mitch takes a couple of steps back, slowly. He watched Greed, seeing that he isn't coming after him anymore. Up close, Mitch can see the wounds on the Sin's body aren't healing. At least not right away. Illumina is capable of harming the Sins. But these injuries don't seem to be affecting Greed at all.

"You thought the arrow went through my heart, right?" Greed suddenly spoke. "Let me show you..." He stretches out his right arm before plunging it right through his chest.

Mitch's eyes widened in shock. What... What is he doing?!

Greed slowly pulled his arm back, dripping with blood. Although there was a gaping hole in the middle of his chest, he is still standing.

His arm went through his chest... no... his heart... Yet...

"The arm has gone through his heart. That's what you're thinking, correct?" Greed flicked his arm and blood spattered on the ground. "Unfortunately for you, I can arrange my organs."

"Arrange... organs...?" Mitch repeated.

Greed nodded. "It's a simple task, really. At least for me." He smirked. "You know what to do then, right Charity?"

"What is wrong with you...?" Mitch said, glaring at Greed. He doesn't understand why Greed was doing any of this. Mitch's attention focused back on Jerome. He's now even further away from him with an invisible timer ticking down.