64: Getting Info

Envy woke up shortly after and got scolded by Sloth for letting his guard down. Ian woke up as well, relieved to see that everyone was alright.

When Envy opened up the ripple, it only took a few seconds before Quentin and Seto bursted out, both of them letting out a huge breath of relief. They had been stuck in there and unable to find the ripple out. Seto had been trying to open up the ripple with no avail.

"I thought.... I thought we were stuck in there for life." Quentin said.

"What happened?" Seto asked, concerned. He takes notice of the three servants from Lust's manor, immediately recognizing them. "What... What are they doing here?!"

Sloth had made his smoke wrap around the three in the place of Jerome's ice. All of them have an unpleasant look at their faces.

"I ran into some problems in the Dream world.." Sloth sighed, placing a hand over his face and forehead. "And while that was happening, they were attacked by those three."

"They were ordered by Lust to take Jason and Jerome with them." Sky added.

"Please tell me you at least got Shooting Star." Sloth looked toward Quentin who responded with a nervous laugh.

"About that... I can't seem to use it... it's only half of the weapon."

A partial summoning? Sloth scowled. He never saw an Artifact partially summoned before or heard that it could happen. "I can't help you there..."

"Did anything happen when you got your Artifact?" Jerome asked.

Quentin shook his head. "Nothing in particular..."

"We just need to find a few more Artifacts now!" Jason said, optimistically.

"I'm sorry, Kindness. I won't be able to enter the Dream world. It'll take a while because of what happened..."

"Then... what should we do?" Ian asked. "Sitting here and doing nothing isn't an answer."

"Mitch got kidnapped by Lust... Wouldn't the three know where he is?" Jerome turned to the servants, folding his arms. "Where is Lust right now?"

"Do you really think we would tell you anything?" Lola spatted. "Not only that but you have not one but two traitors." She glared at Envy and Sloth. "You and your Virtue can die."

Envy's tone changed as his hand reached out to Lola. "I'll get rid of these three right now."

"N-no wait, Envy!" Jason called out quickly. "We... we don't have to do that."

"But... they're dangerous..." Envy looked at Jason and then back at Lola with conflicting feelings. After a few moments, he gave in and put down his arm.

"He's right, Jason." Seto said. "It's better to get rid of them now before they can do anything else."

"We can use them to do an exchange for Mitch." Jerome grinned. "He would have to make the exchange, right?"

"Using us as hostages will do nothing." Darren states, flatly.

Sloth sighed. "It's true.. Luxuria has no value in these three."

"No... value?" Jerome scowled. "No... I don't believe that..."

"Lust has the ability to control people by eye contact." Sloth explained. "The servants are being controlled by him."

"C-controlled?" Jason looked over at the three. "But they're talking and doing stuff by themselves."

"That's just how it is." Envy muttered. "He has full control over them."

"Full control?" Ian scowled. "What do you mean?"

Envy didn't answer for a few moments. He slowly turned to Seto, Sky and Jason. "I don't know if you guys saw but there are pictures of people in Luxurtia's manor..."

Sky and Seto nodded, remembering the portraits hung up on the manor's walls.

Envy's expression darkened. "Everyone you see up there, Lust has full control over. Once you're at that point, if possible, your body will push its limits just to fulfill his orders."

"Everyone... that's up there..." Sky and Seto's eyes widened in horror. There were a lot of them. What's even more terrifying was that Jason's nameplate was on there as well. If they haven't rescued Jason, he would most likely be under Lust's full control.

"If Lust had that many people... where are they?" Sky asked.

"... What do you think, Virtue?"

Sky swallowed hard and Seto clenched his fists.

"Luxuria views those under his control as a replaceable object." Sloth stated. "If he wanted to, he could get rid of these three here with no hesitation."

"... We have to find Mitch..." Jerome said quickly. "If they're really controlled by Lust, is there any way to undo it?!"

Envy shook his head. "No... Not unless Luxuria releases his control..."

"No way..." Quentin looked at the servants. "Is there really nothing we can do?"

Sky strided over to Kathy, placing both hands firmly on her shoulders.

"Sky?!" Seto exclaimed. "What are you doing?"

"I saw it." Sky said quietly. "Her actions were hurting her." He stared at Kathy directly in her eyes. "Kathy. I know you're in there."

Kathy smirked. "Are you trying to get information out of me?"

"I know you're in there..." Sky continued. "We can help you. Our friend got taken by Lust."

"Patience, his control over them are absolute..." Envy said. "There's...." He paused, shocked at what just happened. Tears rolled down Kathy's face but her expression didn't change.

"Lust... with.... Greed....." Sky can see her struggling to form words. "Virtue.... with Greed...."

"Mitch is with Greed?" Jerome asked. "Where are they now?!"

"Coming... here..." Kathy continued. She slowly looked up at Sky. "Help... me..."

Her eyes widened as she flinched. She choked out, her true expression showing as blood went down and coated her clothes.

Sloth dropped the gas that was holding the three servants. He gritted his teeth as he looked at the surroundings, trying to find where the attack had come from.

It was fast. Too fast that Sloth didn't even have time to react. All three of Lust's servants were killed with a dagger at the back of the neck. Everyone was in a state of shock with the Virtues still processing what had happened.

"I can't believe you made me waste my daggers for you." Two people came into view, walking towards the group.

"You have plenty left... Besides servants that break the rules have to die."

Sloth furrowed his brows and Envy shuddered as he felt the two presences. Seto's hand glowed purple as he tensed up.

Greed and Lust stood before the group, eyeing each one of them.

"Well then~Let's introduce ourselves."