66: Got Away

"I-Ira...? Wrath?!" Jason can see Envy was afraid. "Is he dangerous?"

"Yes... he doesn't like it if somebody's in his territory." Envy explained quickly. "We have to get out of here!"

"O-open a ripple!"

"I.. I can't... It hasn't been that long since the quakes started." Envy's eyes widened as he came to a halt. Jason stopped as well, seeing that an animal was blocking their path.

It was a huge wolf, much larger than what a normal wolf should be. Its fur is gray in color and Jason couldn't tell if it was dirty or its natural color. Its eyes were red, almost glowing as it growled, baring its razor sharp teeth.

"Kindness... stay behind me...." Envy whispered. "I'll handle this."

Envy watches the lupus carefully. He knows very well what it was. Ira's wolf, Nemesio. When not besides its owner, it will guard the Sin's terrority from intruders.

Ira and Nemesio are known to be highly territorial.... Envy thought.

Nemesio had no special abilities on its own, besides its strength as a beast and heightened senses of an animal. However, it's vicious enough to cause damage even to a Sin.

The easiest solution is to fight Nemesio but if Envy does that, Ira will definitely come after him. There is some sort of a connection between the two that he just can't figure out.

Nemesio started circling the two, as if it was sizing them up. Envy turned too, making sure that Jason is not out towards the wolf. He slowly takes a step back and Nemesio steps towards them.

Envy's heart pounded as he heard nearby footsteps. Jason saw who resembles Sky standing next to the wolf. A pair of gold glowing eyes glared at the two.

"That's.... Wrath?" Jason muttered. The Sin had on a torn black cape that draped over his left shoulder. Underneath it was ragged clothing, dark gray shirt and black pants. Bandages wrapped around his arms and neck, covering them from view. Jason can see that there were blood stains all over his clothing, with a few splatters that looked recent.

"We... we didn't mean to intrude in your territory!" Envy said quickly, hoping that Wrath would be open to letting them go without a fight. "The ripple forced us here..."

"It doesn't matter how or why you're here." Wrath said. "Judgement." A sword materializes in his hand. It had a black handle with wings surrounding a black gem at its hilt. The blade is long and had writings on it that glowed momentarily. "I'll get rid of you two with my Artifact."

Artifact...?! Jason's eyes widened as he looked at Wrath's weapon. Envy was just as surprised as he was.

Ira got a hold on an Artifact?! Envy thought. This is looking bad...

Nemesio sensed its owner's hostility and reacted, snarling.

"Stand down, Nemesio." Wrath ordered. "I'll get rid of them myself."

Envy stepped back as Wrath came closer. His presence grew as Wrath seems to appear larger, looming over the two. "H-hold on... we don't have to fight... Aren't... aren't we on the same side?"

"Incorrect. I'm on my own side." Wrath drew closer, two hands on his Artifact handle. "Both Virtues and Sins have to disappear."

"... Father... is going to—"

Wrath gnashed as his eyes lit up. "When He appears, I will be the one that will end him." He slashes at the empty air in a fit of rage. "I'll kill him, I'll kill him!"

Envy smiled a little, seeing a way out of his situation along with another potential ally. "We also don't like Father." He said. "Why don't we team up against him?"

Wrath stopped, looking at Envy. "A... team up...?"

He's biting the bait! Envy nodded. "You should know how powerful Father is. We'll help you get rid of him."

Wrath didn't say anything but came closer. Envy swallowed as he stood his ground. If he runs now, they will be forced to face him.

Jason grabbed Envy's arm tightly as Wrath stared down at Envy who had to look up to meet his gaze.

"You're going to fight him as well?"

"That's if he appears." Envy answered back.

"He will." Wrath muttered. "I can feel his presence." He growled. "It's as if my body is reacting to it."

"Then.. we have a deal?"

"I'm not sure about that." Envy's eyes widened as he saw Wrath's arm move. He quickly pushed Jason and at the same time, the Artifact pierced right through his chest.

"E-Envy!" Jason shouted out.

"K-Kindness... r-run..." Envy started to reach out to grab Wrath to use his ability.

"If you try something..." Wrath said, coldly. "Nemesio." Nemesio ran towards Jason, growling.

"Ugh..." Envy winced as he set down his arms. The.. situation has gotten worse...

"I'm going to ask you a few questions." Wrath said. "Are you really going to fight him?"

"Yes.. if he appears..."

"In that case, were you lying about teaming up?"

"N-no... I wasn't..."

Wrath stared at Envy. "Judgement." The blade glowed. Envy shut his eyes, feeling guilty for not being able to protect Jason.

A few moments passed before he felt the blade slide out of his body. Envy opened his eyes again, looking down at his body and found that the wound had been completely healed.

"Wh.. what?" Envy looked at Wrath, confused. Nemesio backed down, returning to its owner. Jason was confused as well but sighed in relief as nothing horrible happened.

"My Artifact can 'judge' who it stabs." Wrath explained. "Based on if you were lying or not, you either get punished or nothing happens."

He shot a glare at Envy and Jason. "But don't think this means we're on friendly terms now." He pointed his Artifact towards them. "Once He Is gone, I'll make sure you disappear with him."

"Let's go Nemesio." Envy and Jason watched as the two turned around and walked off. The further Wrath walked away, the more relieved Envy felt.

"I can't believe we got out of that..." Envy muttered. "Let's hope none of your friends encountered a Sin too...."