83: Slight Chance

Sky and Jerome had traveled in the direction which Wrath pointed them to. It was safe to assume that Wrath was on their side thanks to Envy. At least for now.

"Wrath... He said he has an Artifact." Jerome said.

Sky nodded, recalling how the sword looked. A long black sword with strange writings on it. There was a gem in the middle of the hilt and it had black wings as its guard.

"I didn't know Sins have their own Artifacts." Jerome continued.

"We'd have to ask Sloth about that," Sky said. "I don't know anything about Artifacts..."

Jerome let out a sigh. "It'll be nice if our Essence comes around."

"Jason's Essence appeared so there's a chance for ours to emerge too."

As Jerome continued talking, Sky tuned out and started thinking about Wrath.

The Sin was strange. He doesn't come off as a bad person to Sky, not after they exchange conversation. Wrath didn't kill him, even healing him afterward. With someone like that, he must have some sort of integrity.

It may be because of a team-up that he mentioned. Sky wasn't sure when or how Envy made that agreement but he was glad that he did.

Sky noticed a couple of figures in the distance. "Jerome, there's someone over there." He pointed towards them. He couldn't make out who they are but they seem to be three of them.

"Let's hurry and see who they are," Jerome said.

The two hurried towards them, making sure that they're not in the three figures' line of sight. When they come closer, it becomes clear who they are.

Sky and Jerome's eyes widened as they saw Mitch carrying Ty on his back.

"Mitch!" Jerome shouted out as he broke into a run. Sky quickly followed after him, smiling widely.

His smile quickly dissipated when he recognized the third person. It was Greed. The Sin had turned, his sharp golden eyes glaring at the two Virtues.

Jerome realized it too, abruptly stopping in his tracks. "Frostguard!" His Artifact materialized in his hands. Sky reached for his weapon as well, ready to take on Greed.

"Mitch, get away from him!" Jerome shouted out.

"H-hold on!" Mitch called out. "We don't have to fight."

"What do you mean we don't have to fight?" Jerome pointed Frostguard towards Greed. "He's definitely not good news. He's with Lust!"

Sky took a good look at the situation, trying to figure out what was going on. He noticed Mitch holding Ty tightly. He looked anxious as he glanced at Greed and then back to Jerome.

"Wait, Jerome... I don't think fighting is a good idea here." Sky muttered to Jerome. "Ty seems to be injured so it'll be hard to protect him."

And the fact that Greed didn't harm Mitch seems strange... Sky thought.

Jerome reluctantly unsummon Frostguard and Sky

Greed crossed his arms. "Since we're calmed down and all, I only want to guide Charity to the ruins."

Mitch shot Greed a look, scowling. He didn't say anything though. Instead, he heads over to Jerome and Sky.

Greed watches from afar, attentively.

"Ty's seriously injured," Mitch said quickly. "Someone named Jimmy—He looked like Seto... That person got Ty to be like that."

"Jim... Jimmy...?" Sky scowled, seeing the state Ty is in. The longer end of his hair was burned off and there were burn scars on the left side of his face. The burns were at his arms as well and he noticed Mitch's torn flannel tied around Ty's leg.