62: Reminder

Lust was waiting for Greed to come meet up. He leaned back on a stone wall of an abandoned villa, waiting.

"Just how long is he going to take?" He muttered, impatiently.

"What are you talking about? I'm already here." Lust turned and to his right and sure enough, Greed was leaning on the wall with him.

"What were you doing?" Lust questioned with a smile on his face. "You're a bit late."

"We don't have to rush anything." Greed responded, coldly. "Let's make our move." Before he could move from his spot, Lust was in front of him, placing a hand on the wall next to him.

"Hold on, Avaritia~" Lust said, smirking. "You're finally out of that little hole of yours, don't you think we should start this date of ours with something more fun?"

Greed glared at Lust with daggers in his eyes as he grew red. "Absolutely not." He growled. "And we are not on a date."

"It sure seems like a date..." Lust continued, chuckling at Greed's reaction.

Greed regained his composure rather quickly, shoving Lust away with one hand. "Let's go and find the Virtues." He said as he started to walk away.

"Hang on, I have a question for you."

Greed stopped in his tracks, turning back to Lust.

"Would you like to tell me why you helped Charity?"

As Greed expected, Lust knew from the beginning. He wasn't sure why he played along though. "Do you really want to know?" Greed asked, nonchalantly.

"Of course."

There was a long pause before Greed responded. "Have you never wanted to grow stronger, Luxuria?"

"Eh?" Lust was caught off guard when Greed asked him that question. "What does that have to do with anything?"

"I'm guessing no then." Greed sighed. "Someone like you wouldn't understand."

Lust scowled, unsure whether to be insulted or not.

"Being strong isn't enough." Greed responded. "I need more power. I need something to break past my limits."

Lust tried to think of how this connects to the Virtue of Charity.

"There's a solution to how I will unlock my full potential." Greed continued.

"You don't mean..."

Greed's face twisted into a sinister smile. "That's right! Charity is the only one that is able to break my limits."

"How can he do that when he barely managed to damage me?" Lust scoffed. "You can easily get rid of him if you want to."

"My opposite is the perfect candidate." Greed said, confidently. "He still needs to grow before I can kill him... I even gave him a little boost—one that can hurt us badly if he managed to use it."

"Tsk... I should have just taken him to my manor." Lust turned away from Greed and sighed, clearly disappointed. "It would have been better if I didn't tell you about what happened."

A flash of black came hurling towards Lust and he barely had time to dodge. A cut formed on his shoulder as Greed's "scarf" retracted itself. Blood dripped down from the end of his scarf which was in the form of three large claws.

"Watch what you're saying." Greed said in a low, menacing tone. "Charity is mine to use."

"Come on, Avaritia~ I was just playing around." Lust said with a grin. "Besides, I already have my eyes on a certain Virtue."