34: Hatred

Lust groans, touching the back of his head with his hands. He opens his eyes to find himself on the sofa. "What... happened?!"

He suddenly remembers turning to see the mage and at the flick of his arm...

"I didn't expect that at all..." Lust mutters. "That mage is definitely something."

His servants were not by his side, instead a person was standing in front of him. Lust blinks. It was Envy.

"Invidia... welcome back!" Lust chirped, seemingly recovered. "I believed your last words were 'I will never come back here'."

Hatred and disgust went over Envy's face before disappearing just as fast. "You... you took Kind-."

Lust cuts him off. "What did you do with my servants?" He sighs. "They were perfect, Invidia. How could you do that to my property..."

Lust felt Envy's presence flared. Oh he's angry all right... Usually Envy's presence goes unnoticed or at least quiet. This may end badly for me... A corner of Lust's lips curled. But... It is pretty entertaining to see him mad...

Lust crosses his legs and straightens his body. "Are you asking for a fight, Invidia?" Lust asked, cooly. "The last time didn't end so well for you."

Envy glowered af Lust, seemingly about to burst.. I was only gone to open up another ripple... And during that time frame, Envy had a bad feeling. There was a distant connection with him and Kindness. He was able to figure out the area where Kindness went to but not the location. He thought the Virtue had fled but he remembered the manor.

The one place that he hates and the owner of it is someone he despises. He can feel his hatred gravitating towards Lust as the Sin continues to sit there, smiling snarky.

He wanted to wipe out Lust right there.

Calm down. Envy tells himself, taking deep breaths. "Why were you after my Virtue, Luxuria?" He asked, calmly. Lust felt the tension disappear almost instantly.

"Hm~ Are you protecting a Virtue?" Lust leans forward. "What are you planning to do?"

Envy felt his lips parting to form words without his consent. He freezes, realizing what was happening. His arm shoots out to grab a hold of Lust when his arm freezes just inches away from Lust's face.

It was Lust's speciality, body and mind control. They go hand in hand but each has their own requirements to activate.

"I see, I still have some control over you." Lust said.

Envy gritted his teeth, trying to push his hands further. "You..." How was he doing this? There was no way that I... Envy didn't see that Lust stood up, standing in front of him. His arm went down on his side, twitching. Envy felt like Lust was looming over him.

"Why don't you tell me about the Virtue?" Lust spoke in a way that made Envy shudder. "I might even let you go." Envy immediately felt like he was being held hostage.

Lust's powers revolve around the other's mental state and emotions. Fear and sadness were the two emotions that Lust can easily take advantage of. The weaker one's mental state is, the easier it is for Lust to take control. For that reason, none of his powers should have much effect on the other Sins. But Envy was a different case.

No... Envy pushes aside everything else and focused on the reason he came to this dreaded place.

It was for Kindness.

"What did you do to him?" He growled.

"Nothing, really." Lust replied. "Did you let his friends come in too? They somehow stumbled into my manor."

Envy scowls. He made sure he didn't leave the ripple open. "Friends..?"

"Let's see... It was a mage and Ira's counterpart.. They took Kindness and went on their way," Lust continued, smiling widely. "I think they're bringing your Virtue back home."

Lust saw Envy's face briefly distort into one of anger, horror and shock. "No, they can't..." He muttered. "That... that sorcerer."

"If you're trying to get him back, get rid of the mage." Lust suggested, knowing that the mage would be a problem in the future for him. If Envy gets rid of him, Lust can take those two Virtues with ease.

Envy hurried out of the manor but not before casting a hateful glare at Lust.