Chapter 16

Pov: Lee Minho

The first snow has always been special.

Watching people run around, wearing multiple layers and oversized coats made me feel warm inside. I snuggled further into the backseat of the car and went over my lines.

We were on our way to the set where we'd be shooting the kdrama. Since it was my first time, Hyunjin and Han came along to show me their support. Minji, who insisted on guarding us, was also accompanying us. The other two guards were at the company, while Olive and Scarlett were off to save Isabelle's mother.

"So how do battles take place? Are they going to be in danger?" I took advantage of this situation to ask Minji about the details of their job.

"I mean it's obviously not a game of hide and seek. A battle is no laughing matter-"She stopped as she sensed our uneasiness- "Please don't worry. Scarlett and the others are highly skilled agents who have enough experience to take care of themselves today. They are probably getting there as we speak." She gave us a confident and comforting smile.

"What about Isabelle? She just recently recovered. Isn't it reckless to send her into battle? What if she isn't ready yet?" Hyunjin asked.

"Boys, you worry too much. This is our job. We know what we're doing." She rolled her eyes.

We finally got to our destination, and the director was already waiting for me with a humongous smile on his face.

"We're so delighted that you chose to accept our offer, Lee Minho," he said.

I didn't know how to react to such courtesy, so I nodded politely. "The pleasure is mine."

We entered a set that was decorated like some abandoned warehouse. Han and Hyunjin left for one of the waiting rooms after greeting everybody. Meanwhile, I was given explanations on exactly where to stand, what to do, and how to go about things.

Once everything was clear, I was taken to a room where all the stylists and make-up artists were working their magic on the actors.

Woah, there are so many famous actors in here.

I got the chance to meet some of them as I put on the outfit that was given to me. It was nothing special; just a simple black t-shirt and black jeans.

The make-up artists did a good job at making me look like I was covered in blood. They even drew realistic cuts on my face: One on my lip, another on my cheek, and a smaller one on my eyebrow.

I used to think that if I ever got the chance to star in a kdrama, it would be a lighthearted, funny, and cute one; not a thriller.

Nevertheless, I find this to be more interesting.

I think STAY will like it too.

I finally made it to the set. The opening scene was going to be a shot of me laying on the ground, surrounded by lots of corpses while covered in blood. Amidst the sound of sirens getting further away in the background, my fingers would twitch, indicating my survival. Afterwards, the viewers would hear a maniacal laugh coming from me, and I'd get up from among the pile of lifeless bodies, smiling evilly.

I'm nervous, yet somewhat excited.

***

"You were so good! When you looked into the camera and smirked at all the dead bodies, even I was scared of you!" Han exclaimed once I was done with shooting the first scene.

"So I didn't scare you before then?" I joked.

"Wow, come closer, let me check your make-up," Minji said, "This stuff looks like it could be legitimate blood."