Chapter 56

Pov: Lee Minho

"You don't want to go with me?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows.

Why does she look so glum?

She's been out of it all day.

Did I do something wrong? No, she's not acting differently with me. She's just a bit more wistful in general.

"But I was looking forward to it," I sighed, sitting back. The other agents hadn't even crossed my mind. She was the one I was used to hanging out with. Scarlett knew that.

"It's not like there's a problem.. Ofcourse I'd like to go with you! I was just surprised because I wasn't expecting it," Minji said, clearing up my misunderstanding.

"Alright. I thought you two fought or something," Scarlett decreed, checking a sentence off the list in her hand, "You may leave now. Minji, stay behind."

I left them alone and got bored. What do I do now?

When bored, bother the younger members.

I invited myself into Seungmin's and Innie's room, but the maknae wasn't there. Instead, Seungmin was sprawled out on his bed, his phone in the air while he texted. A large smile was plastered on his lips.

"What's with that disgusting look on your face?" I asked, jumping next to him on his bed. He immediately held his phone away, not letting me see. "Oh? What are you hiding?!"

I jumped on him and tried to snatch away his phone but he locked it, his grin still stubbornly engraved. "It's a girl, isn't it? Is it Lily?!" I stressed, squishing his cheeks as he tried to push me off.

"Just leave, hyung! Who invited you anyway?!" he said, covering his smile with the back of his hand.

His expression is priceless.
Absolutely rare.
So very precious.

His phone lit up and he instantly reached out, about to unlock it when he realized I was right there. Before I could decipher his actions, he jumped out of bed and ran to the corner of the room, holding his phone up and reading the message.

Whatever message it was, it stopped him from functioning. His fingers froze in mid air and didn't text back. Next thing I knew, his arm landed to his side with the phone screen back to black, his cheeks tinted red, and a stupefied look on his face.

He turned around and faced the wall, but his red ears already gave away how flushed he was. I had never seen him blush before. What kind of message could possibly incite such a strong and adorable reaction from him?

"What did you even read?!" I asked, walking towards him. It's like my words weren't registering in his head. "Seungmin? Hello?"

His hand slowly made its way to his mouth, his whole being stuck in a daze.

As soon as Innie walked into the room, I howled, "Seungmin's broken. Let's put him in rice."

"Hyung is broken? What happened?" he asked, hurrying towards us.

"Nothing, nothing," Seungmin breathed, finally gaining back his sanity. He rigidly walked to his bed and sat down.

The maknae and I looked at each other and back at him. We didn't believe him one bit.

"I need to go somewhere. I'll be back," he added, thinking we'd actually let him go anywhere at this hour when we knew we'd be departing to our separate homes tomorrow.

As we stopped him, he sighed and looked at the clock. "I'm just leaving for practice. I'll be back in an hour," he said, his words still slow as if he was trying to process something in his mind.