Chapter 64

Pov: Lee Minho

"It was a card in your name, telling me not to come see you on that day because you'd be too busy to visit the park," I said, taking my jacket off and covering Cat's back.

She and I used to be very close friends. I never called her Aera though. We wouldn't talk much at school, but would meet up at a park right after. Though we did a lot of things together, most of our hang-outs consisted of feeding stray cats on the streets. She loved them a little too much, so I called her Cat.

Ofcourse, we were both young, but she was my first love. I'd always wait to meet her until she one day put a note in my locker, telling me not to see her on that day and claiming that she was busy with her family.

I didn't think much of it. The next day proceeded as usual and I had missed her, so when school ended, I happily skipped to my locker, knowing I'd see her later. But again, a note fell out, telling me that she was busy. For the second time, I didn't go to the park and went straight home, deciding to ask her about it during school hours the next day.

Unfortunately, she didn't come to school the next day. She dropped out, and I never saw her again.

I didn't understand what happened, but assumed she had personal family problems to take care of. Her notes said she was busy with family, so that's the only logical explanation my brain had conjured.

"What was written in yours?" I asked, sitting next to her on the ground.

"Mean things with your name on them," she said with an emotionless voice, "The things everyone else said. Fat. Ugly. Pig. Cow. One of the most hurtful ones read, 'I can't believe you actually thought I'd be friends with someone like you.' I truly thought you meant that..I thought you were worse than all the bullies, pretending to be my friend only to humiliate me after."

"Why would you believe I ever said something like that? You knew me better than that," I argued, running my hands through my hair and ruining the stylist's hard work.

"I didn't believe it at first, so I went to the park to question you. You weren't there. You never skipped coming to the park, so it confirmed your statements," she said, already done with her crying. Her soulless stare at the wall was getting kind of creepy. "You acted like nothing was different at school the following day. You played with your friends and goofed around like your usual self. It hurt that you honestly didn't care. Then I opened my locker and similar notes fell out. I still went to the park and you weren't there. I thought I was stupid for thinking I could actually be accepted with the way I looked."

How did things turn out this way..

We could have avoided this if we had a bit more conversation.

Now it was the two girls' turn to cry. I, on the other hand, was frozen in shock. All this time, I had completely forgotten about her, brushing it off as a girl who left to another school and failed to give me a proper goodbye.

Is it even pink and blue's fault though?
They were thirteen. They didn't know any better.

Their sobs got much louder and I sighed, "I'm.. I'm not mad at you two. We were young, you made mistakes, and you're owning up to them. You know it was wrong. You're even apologizing for it."

It was a childish feud that went too far.

The one who got scarred most by it was Cat.
She's the one whose forgiveness is relevant.

Cat stared at her nails for a moment and looked up at the girls, sighing in defeat. "What was your purpose in faking the notes?"

"My dumb twelve year old self thought that if I kept making Minho not see you, you two would stop being friends with each other and he'd love me for some reason," pink nervously answered.