Chapter 54

Pov: Chu Scarlett

I didn't want this.

I did not want things to come to this.

This was something that needed to be avoided at all costs.

But here I was, begrudgingly calling Lily. "Hey Lily.."

"If you ask me how I'm doing one more time, you're getting blacklisted," she huffed, "I wish you'd normally call this often. Maybe I should get injured more."

I had been calling her every day to check on how she'd been after getting shot at. Both, her and Seungmin, were surprisingly unbothered. They went back to work the following day as if nothing had happened. The only strange signs I'd seen in Seungmin were his occasional blank stares. He'd zone out and get lost in his own world. Hopefully, that world didn't involve any guns.

"Uh.. I'm not calling for that this time.." I breathed, getting my items ready to leave the gym. I had fortunately not bumped into any of Stray Kids for a while even though I visited this gym quite often.

Getting a nice workout early in the morning was all I needed to feel refreshed. This phone call though.. I dreaded it..

"Aha, then what do I owe this call to?" she urged.

"Uh.. You see.. I.. need a dress.."

A piece of metal loudly hit the floor and then the line went dead silent.

Ah shit..

The day has come..

After a large intake of breath, Lily's scream pierced through my ears. "You're going to let me design a dress for you? For real?! Am I dreaming?!"

"Please don't get too-"

"Oh my God, I'm so coming over to take your measurements and act like I don't already have them!"

"Wait, Lily-"

"And you need heels! What's the occasion, anyway?! Should I get Ricardo to make some?!"

"Uh.. I do need heels.."

"This is the best! I've dreamt of this day for so long!" After a couple of shuffling noises, she hung up, leaving me sweating more than I did during my workout.

***

I came across Jeongin walking towards a small practice room as I trudged through the hallways of the company. He stopped and smiled upon seeing me. "Were you at the gym?" he asked, eyeing my gym bag.

"Yeah. What about you?"

"I was having breakfast. Are you busy?" He opened the practice room door. This was one of the smaller rooms. There was a digital piano on one side of the wall, and two seats on the other. You could barely move around.

"Not really.." I answered, looking around the neat room. "Something wrong?"

I was thinking of taking care of more paperwork until Lily came over, but that didn't necessarily make me busy.

"I'm about to practice singing. Wanna join?" he asked, remembering my last promise.

"Ah.. Right now?" I asked, checking my wristwatch.

"Unless if you're busy.. or don't want to."

Not the puppy eyes again!

I closed the door and sighed, sitting next to him in front of the piano.