Chapter 77

Pov: Chu Scarlett

I finally finished sending Lieutenant Lavigne the signed paperwork and stretched, kicking back my chair and visiting the bathroom to wash my face.

There was something about finishing all your piled up work that made you feel like a successful human being; that's if you considered yourself a human being, ofcourse.

As I walked out, Seungmin entered the dorms while looking crushed. Han already saw him and called for everyone, collecting a group of excited boys around the tired idol. They asked all sorts of questions about how his date went and I casually decided to go on a stroll next to their conversation, taking slower steps than usual.

Why is he sad? Did Liliane dump him for Ricardo?

"The date went great.." Seungmin sighed, not taking his feet off the ground while walking.

"Then why are you dead, man? You look like Changbin when he wakes up," Han said, getting a 'yah!' from Changbin while holding Seungmin's shoulder, "Did you chicken out during the picnic? Weren't you going to confess?"

"I didn't get the chance to. She's going back to France. Her mom got into an accident so she wants to be there for her," he said, pushing through the crowd of gasps and hurrying to his room.

What..

Lily's mom..

Hospital..

WHAT?!

I sprinted to my room, grabbing my bag and calling agent Pak, telling him to leave whatever he was doing to come guard the idols with agent Venus.

My next stop was Seungmin's room. I knocked twice and he didn't answer, so I barged in, walking to his corpse on the bed. "Where is she now?"

He was surprised but answered anyway, "Lily?"

"Yes."

"I took her home because she wanted to pack her stuff. She said she needed to be alone," he said and I was out the door, out the elevator, out the company.

I took a taxi and gave the man her address, checking the clock and wondering if she was leaving to France right away.

She must be so scared..

Is she traveling back all alone?

As soon as we arrived, I ran to the last floor of my hotel, not even waiting for my turn on the elevator as I bolted up the stairs.

The next thing I knew, I was knocking on her door, waiting for a response as my feet agitatedly tapped on the ground. Nobody answered so I hit it harder, insisting that it was me.

I finally heard the slow taps of her bare feet on the ground as she approached the door. "Scar?"

"Open the door."

"I'm a bit.. busy, so-"

"Open the door and let me see you," I repeated, banging on the door again. I was itching to get to her.

Weirdly enough, I was scared for her. I couldn't imagine her losing a parent. I wouldn't wish that upon my enemies.

Maybe my relatives?

Not the point.

I heard a small thud against the door which must have been her head leaning on the surface. "Why are you here? Seungmin told you? I told him not to.."

"Why would- Why would you do such a thing?!" I raised my voice, helplessly waiting against the door. If she didn't want to see me, I had no right to break through the concrete. It was a visual representation of how I made them feel every time I closed my doors on them.