Chapter 62

Pov: Liliane Chevalier

Alright, I didn't think this through.

Seungmin and Ricardo are in the same room, and they're both aware of who the other is.

Seungmin already knew that my parents wanted me to get engaged to a guy named Ricardo and now a guy named Ricardo appeared.

Since Ricardo and I were very chill and friendly, I had told him that there was this guy I had started liking. He didn't mind and didn't say anything about it, but knew who Seungmin was because of the photoshoot pictures.

Now that he's here though, he's silently checking him out.

Scar entered the room and I almost fainted. My creation was just too beautiful! I couldn't wait to see it paired with Ricardo's heels and the clutch I got her. I might as well ditch the two boys and go on a date with her!

Chan stopped whatever he was saying to Seungmin and watched Scar from the corner of his eyes, trying to be subtle about it.

He acted quite normally for someone who couldn't focus on the conversation at hand anymore. He only nodded and laughed, his eyes following Scar's movements. When she walked to her bed, opening the shoe box and putting on her heels, he approached her, giggling at the fact that she was taller than him now.

"Liliane, are you listening?" Ricardo spoke, distracting me from the good stuff. Chan was complimenting Scarlett and held her, showing her how it would feel to dance with heels. She had already practiced dancing in heels, just not these specific heels.

I softly elbowed Ricardo's stomach and told him to shut it for a moment so I could focus. Scar stumbled a bit, holding on to Chan's shoulder for support. "I can't do this. I'm going to embarrass Olive and myself.."

"Scar, remember what we practiced. You'll be alright, I promise," he assured, holding her in position again and helping her fix her posture.

Minho walked in, complaining about the yellow tie he was forced to wear. I fixed it for him and Seungmin neared, checking out Minho's tie. "Fix mine too," he said.

"Where is it?" He didn't have a tie around his neck.

"It's in my room," he said, staring at my crown, then hair, then eyes. He wasn't even looking into my eyes, just checking the makeup sitting on top of my lids.

"You really like this look, don't you?" I laughed, looking back at Ricardo who was busy talking to Scarlett. She kept insisting that she was too tough to be nervous, but the visible sweat on her visage said otherwise.

"Lily, can you fix my tie for me?" Seungmin repeated in English to get my mind off my surroundings.

"Oh, right. Sure. Bring it to me."

"No. Come with me."

Oh, he definitely wants to talk.

"Okay, I'll just let Ricardo know that I'll be back," I said, turning to Ricardo and telling him exactly that.

You know what's ironic?

Ricardo can't understand anything Seungmin is saying in Korean while Seungmin can't understand Ricardo's French.

Both can hear my conversation with the other without getting a single word.

English is the only middle ground, but none of us thought of using it through the frenzy.

"No, wait! I still haven't gotten an explanation on why my dress has a huge split going on!" Scar stopped me, holding her dress and parting the fabric. It wouldn't reveal even half as much if she hadn't done that.