Chapter 71

Pov: Chu Scarlett

"I'll go first," I said, explaining what I saw in the electrical room. He stayed silent throughout the whole thing, tapping his finger on my desk while listening.

"I'm sure they were both Black Galaxies," I voiced when I was done with the story, "One of them clearly told the other they were going against their own kind. To top it off, they refused to use weapons and inflict real harm."

He massaged the back of his neck. "Do you think this could be a trap for us to lower our guards?" he asked.

"I don't think so, because later when I followed Ricardo to the hallways, I was ambushed by a gang of men. You only found their remnants and finished them off later," I said and he hummed, "One of them was this close to slicing my neck if it weren't for that same guy I saw in the electrical room."

"What? The nice guy who stopped the power outage? He went as far as rescuing you?" he asked, his eyebrows furrowing, "Is he that same man who danced with you?"

"No. That asshole's an enemy. While he danced with me, he made sure his comrades robbed my clutch. Meanwhile, he stole my knife himself and fled."

"He stole it... from your thigh," he muttered robotically, "And you let him."

"Was I supposed to kill him in front of an audience?"

Not gonna lie, that would have been a good show.

He stayed silent, rubbing his tired eyes while leaning on the back of his chair. "Why did you dance with him in the first place?"

"For information. I didn't get much though. All I know is that he finds everything I do funny, has a smooth and gentle voice, fast reflexes, and you saw his stature anyway. He had brown eyes, but that can't be dependable.. His friend, the bad guy in the electrical room, had this really deep voice. Let's call him Y. I noticed something else about him too.."

"What is it?"

"While they were fighting, he told the good guy, let's call him X, that he'd pay his father for his misbehavior. That means Y's father is high up, no?" I said, writing everything down so I could send it to the lieutenant, "Also, one of the loose lipped men who kidnapped Ricardo let it slip that their very lieutenant was at my gala."

Too bad looking at the guest list won't help us. There were way too many guests and even if we investigated them all, Black Galaxy would have definitely covered up their traces. I'm sure they all went by aliases anyway.

"So much has happened," he sighed, "We got more information about them in one night than we have in the past twenty-something years."

A lot did happen in one night.
I was even informed that Minho and Aera were in the garden when a drunken fight broke out.
Luckily, I had thought of everything in advance and prepared bodyguards who helped them.

"I still need your side of the story," I said, stopping the motion of my pen.

"You told me to find the most impatient and angry looking man on the poker table, right? To see who was expecting to win," he said, his voice a little less dead now.

"That's right."

"There was no one like that. Everyone just moved on. I even kept my eyes on them, but they all went ahead, doing regular things like drinking at the bar or playing another round with other people."

"It's fine. Not like it would be that easy to find him," I said, writing it down, "So our client ended up winning?"

"Yes, he won and I sent him off."