Chapter 79

Pov: Hwang Hyunjin

This can't be real.

There must be some misunderstanding..

Right?!

They.. They clearly kissed..

Isabelle kissed someone else.

She wasn't forced into it.

She did it.. on her own accord.

Why?!

My paralyzed hand gripped the knob as if it was the last shred of sanity that would keep me from shooting that smirk off the guy's face.

He leaned down to her level and swept her hair behind her ear, whispering some words into it. An ineffable darkness budded in my chest and continued to blossom as I watched a perfect picture in my head get ravaged. Whatever he said made her jolt out of his arms and look directly at me. Her eyes were the biggest I'd seen them and she glanced back at him, pursing her lips.

Where's her guilt?

If anything, she looks like she's asking him, 'oops, what now?'.

He laughed, shrugging until Scarlett appeared next to me. I was too disoriented to sense her coming.

"That's him!" she declared, kicking the door open and pointing the gun at the long black haired man, "Put your weapon down."

"No, you put your weapon down." Since the door was now open, I could finally hear his deep voice as he gave out a sinister laugh and attacked me. He kicked the weapon out my helpless hand and held me to his side, pressing a gun to my temple.

Isabelle's not stopping him.

She doesn't care.

I couldn't move. My blurry gaze was pinned on the girl who didn't spare me a glance and raised her gun, pointing it at Scarlett.

Traitor.

"I knew I shouldn't have trusted you," Scarlett laughed, refusing to lower her weapon.

She made a mockery out of us, out of me.

I was blinded by her captivating lies.

"If you value this thing's life, you better give up," the guy holding me said, hurting me with the pressure of his muzzle, "You have five seconds."

"You're planning on killing us either way," Scarlett scoffed, taking out another gun from her back and pointing it at the guy, "Might as well take you down with us."

"You were right. She's an annoying little shit," the guy said to Isabelle, laughing as she did. For the first time since I'd met her, the vibrations coming out of her throat sounded ugly. Her laugh wasn't sweet and innocent. It wasn't the Snowdrop I thought I knew so well. It had a filthy undertone, like she was possessed by a stranger's rotten soul.

Pacing stomps warned them of incoming enemies and I was thrown at Scarlett as they tried to escape.

New agents blocked their way, but they mercilessly shot them, shoving them as they rushed out, being chased by numerous Little Havens. Isabelle, who was supposed to be teammates with these people, didn't bat an eye when it came to shooting them and siding with the enemy.

Minji jumped in Isabelle's way, asking why she was doing this, but Isabelle shot a bullet in her direction, missing and making her fall to the ground. The girl was still in shock when she stared into my wet eyes and her expression hardened. She finally took out her gun and jumped up, running after them.