Chapter 38

Pov: Chu Scarlett

"Shouldn't we request for back up? What if she knows we're following her and she's luring us in?" he asked, placing his knuckles on his lips, "If she's really been acting innocent all this time, then can you imagine how incredibly dangerous she is?"

"What if she's just taking a detour? Or she just changed her mind and wants to go to her hotel instead? I wouldn't want to ring a false alarm," I sighed, hyperaware of the droplets of rain growing bigger and bigger on the windshield.

"You're right, but it's a chance we're willing to take, right? It's dumb to just follow her like this."

I nodded in agreement and took out my phone. He kept following Isabelle through several twists and turns. My screen was filled to the brim with messages and missed calls from Lily, so I called her.

"Did you just ditch me?" her disappointed voice asked. I could barely hear her over the sound of Han dramatically crying because his tower had fallen.

"Yes. Now stop texting me. I'm on a sort-of mission with Olive. We'll be back." I hung up. My finger hovered over lieutenant Lavigne's number but Isabelle suddenly took a stop, making Olive park his car. He and I leaned over our seats in anticipation.

..She entered a flower shop.

We looked at each other, feeling extremely stupid for being there. She left the shop with a bouquet of flowers and thanked the old lady who patted her on the back and smiled.

"They look pretty chummy. She must have bought all her mother's flowers from there.." Olive stated the obvious, banging his forehead on the steering wheel in defeat.

What the idiot didn't predict, was that his forehead would fall right on top of the horn, making it blare exactly when Isabelle was entering her car again.

"You- you- you-" I was too irritated to find any words. "YOU DUMBASS!" I dived under my seat, trying to hide my face in case we'd get spotted. His car was parked pretty far away so I wasn't all that worried.

Olive instantly started the engine and began heading back to the company.
To our dismay, we were the ones being chased this time.

..By Isabelle.

"She knows!" I told him.

"What if she-"

"SHE KNOWS!"

"Okay, fine. I'm sorry. This wasn't in the plan," he said, smiling at the way I kept hiding my face.

"How can you smile in such circumstances?" I screeched.

"It's actually a funny situation if you think about it. One day we'll look back at this and laugh. I'm just saving us the time." His smile turned into a laugh and even made the corners of my own mouth twitch.

His phone buzzed and I checked it for him. It was Isabelle. She was telling him that running away was useless and that he was already found out.

At least she doesn't know about me, right?

My phone dinged this time I and saw her next text. 'I bet you're in there too.'

How did she know?!

She's still not over the last time I doubted her..

She's soooo annoying. Maybe that's why I keep finding her suspicious. It could just be my personal bias towards her.

"Olive, stop the car. We got found out. Good job. I'm never hiring you on my team ever again," I said, sitting back up, "Go back to your old post. The one where you played on computers all day."