Chapter 75

Pov: Liliane Chevalier

Isn't it ironic how I'm always dressed up yet I'm going on a date in simpler clothing? My usual heels are replaced with flats too.

Seungmin had told me to wear comfortable clothes since he had activities planned out for today. Therefore, I had worn denim jeans and a flared white top, twisting my hair up and securing it with a claw clip.

The car parked at the spot he had asked for us to meet and I strutted out, reassuring agent James that Seungmin would already have agents guarding him. I didn't need my own.

The street was crowded since there were lots of stores around and I almost got lost trying to find the idol. I bumped into a couple of people and got dizzy until I felt a hand pull my wrist towards a calmer area.

"Good morning, Lily," Seungmin said, eventually stopping to smile at me from ear to ear. He checked out my outfit and nodded. "It really suits you. I love your hair."

He was wearing a black and white t-shirt and pants, obviously very comfortable yet stylish at the same time. "Love the look," I said after inspecting him. I hadn't realized that I'd taken my time analyzing all the tiny details of his outfit until I looked up and saw his shy smile. "Was I staring?"

As the angel he was, he shook his head and denied it, letting go of my wrist and gesturing at the restaurant in front of him. "Have you tried Korean breakfast yet?"

"Not really.. The chef at Scarlett's hotel makes everything to my old taste. I did get to try some Korean dishes on dinners after business meetings though," I said while crossing my arms, "I'm still not used to the taste."

His demeanor changed a little and I wondered if he got worried because things didn't go according to his plans. Did he know how adorable he looked?

"I'd love to try new things," I added, walking towards the store.

"It's okay. They have lots of choices that would suit a foreigner's taste on the menu," he said, smiling as he followed me.

I was about to enter when the man at the door stopped me. "Do you have a reservation?"

Reservation?!

"Yes. It's under Seungmin," Seungmin cut in, talking to the man while I stood there impressed. I was not expecting him to have chosen a sumptuous spot even for breakfast.

The man bowed and walked us inside to our table, giving us both the menus. Unlike what I'd expected, there were all kinds of healthy meals like smoothie bowls and salads, cloud pancakes and even things like avocado toasts.

"I might just become a regular here," I whispered, flipping the page. He heard it and giggled.

I need to go out more. I've only been eating at the hotel.

Do I even have time to go out to my liking?

"Have you chosen what you'd like?" he asked, watching me read the whole menu since he was done choosing a long time ago.

"Ah! I got lost in reading. Um.. The pancakes? They look fluffy."

"You haven't tried them before?" he asked.

"No.. I've always wanted to, but eating pancakes on a serious business dinner didn't seem right to me," I said, pouting.

"Then you should definitely try them. They're really good," he reccomended, approving of my choice. He ordered everything and looked back at me. "How was your meeting yesterday? I was too busy with my schedule to ask."