Chapter 42

Pov: Liliane Chevalier

"Your behavior!" Hyunjin warned as I used a 'plus 4' UNO card on him, changing the color to blue. The room was filled with everyone else's 'ooooh's.

"Yeah? What about it?" I smirked.

We were sick of playing Jenga so we had switched to the Blue Marble Game which was like a korean version of Monopoly. However, instead of focusing on one city, it focuses on different cities around the world. Also, it uses the korean currency.

Back then, I had lost because I was too occupied by claiming Paris, which was dominated by Hyunjin.

I was delighted that they'd finally decided to switch games and chose to play UNO. It was finally time for my revenge.

We had already played two rounds. The first loser was Changbin since everyone targeted him for no reason. The one who lost during the second round was Hyunjin. He was kind of my main prey after hogging Paris, so..

After the second game, everyone huddled up and decided to target Minho, Seungmin and I since we were apparently too good to be left alone. The three of us always finished the game early on and sat back, watching the others struggle.

Being targeted was harder than I'd thought. That's why I still had cards in my hands during this round, along with Minho, Seungmin, Chan, and Hyunjin. The others had already won and were hyping us up from the sides.

"Aaaaand he now has seven cards in his haaands! What will he do?!" Han declared, placing the microphone, or lack thereof, near Hyunjin's mouth. The latter just sighed as he dramatically picked up the cards.

It was cute how Han kept getting louder and louder the more he got used to me. At first he got a bit awkward, but we had gotten over it quite quickly. Jeongin was also a bit shy, but now he kept watching all of our moves with a widely open mouth and huge eyes.

Minji walked in and an enormous grin appeared on her face as she got pulled inside by Changbin. He scooted aside so she could sit next to him and watch things unfold.

"It is Bang Christopher Chan's turn! Drum roll please!" Han continued being the most extra host ever. "Aaand it seems he's finally chosen a card, and he shoots, and he scoresss!"

"Wrong game, Hannie." Minho patted his shoulders.

However, Han was insouciant as he continued acting. "It seems Chan has settled with a blue four! What will be your move, father of three cats?!"

Minho didn't take much time and placed a yellow four. Han kept narrating as it was now Seungmin's turn. He took one glance at me and added a yellow plus two card. My eyes went wide as I didn't have any sort of protection against it.

What's with my cards during this round? I refuse to believe that I ran out of luck this fast.

I clicked my tongue and drew two cards as he kept smiling. My day won't come to an end if I don't wipe that grin off his lips.

We kept playing and my luck depleted more and more. Hyunjin finally finished all his cards and we were now only 4 people left, playing the most passive-aggressive UNO game I'd witnessed.

A phonecall distracted Hyunjin and he walked away. The rest of us kept playing.

I checked my cards and realized that I was stuck, so I scrunched up my face and drew a card. My eyes landed on a plus four and I couldn't be happier. "The color is now red," I announced, playing the card and smirking at Chan, who finally had one card left in his hand.

Not anymore!

Cue to my evil laugh.
In my head, ofcourse. I don't want to scare everybody away.