Chapter 41

Pov: Hwang Hyunjin

The two 'guests' invited themselves into the room and placed a paper and pen in Isabelle's hand. "All I need is for you two to sign it. I'll take care of the rest."

"Thanks. Now I don't have to waste time with this," she beamed, as if their 'help' had taken a burden off her shoulders. Grabbing the pen, she signed her name with no hesitation, passing it on to me.

I smiled at her writing and added my name, giving it back to the man who was studying our acting. Not like his opinion mattered anymore; we were officially married..

They both nodded and left, wishing us congratulations. They even left a white envelope with money in it as a wedding gift. Seeing it made the whole thing feel much more real.

I switched my attention back to her as she glared at the ceiling. "So what's the title of my book? HUH? 'How I got married in thirty minutes'?! Or is it a movie?! It could be a comic book for all WE know!"

Oh no, she's fighting the author again.

"So you're finally losing your mind?" I asked, pulling her out of her tantrum.

"Don't worry about this stupid paper at all, okay? Act like it never happened! And if you fall in love with someone, we can go file a divorce. For now, let's stick to it. I will not bother you or ask you for anything or touch you at all!"

Now that worries me.

"You know, I've always had that little girl's dream of getting married, but how come I can't get proposed to on one knee?" She pouted, trying to lighten up the situation.

What she didn't expect was that I would actually go with it and get on one knee.

"Wait, whaaat?!" she laughed uncontrollably, and it was like music to my ears.

"Isabelle Snow, will you do me the honor of-"

"Yes. Yes! Yes!" She wiggled on her bed, crying from the fits of laughter.

"-Of being my girlfriend. Alright, cool. I was scared you'd reject me," I said in one breath.

She suddenly froze and her laughter died down.

I'm going to get rejected, aren't I?

She didn't look at me. She didn't say a word. She stilled, laying down on the mattress like a corpse. I couldn't even see her reaction because of the dimly lit room.
I felt my heart get compressed by my fear of losing her. Maybe I shouldn't have asked. Maybe she didn't want anything to do with me anymore.

I couldn't live with that.

I had grown too fond of her.

She consumed all of my thoughts. Just imagining her looking at me with disgust in her eyes was enough to crush me.

I slowly rose up, putting one knee on her bed after the other. Finally crawling towards her face, I saw her sad expression. "Why do you look like you're in pain?" I whispered.

"You don't look any less pained," she breathed, her gaze switching from my right to left eye. "I don't deserve you, Hyunjin." The way she whispered my name was so cruelly affectionate.

The pain in my heart from the fear of losing her disappeared.. Now it hurt because of how little she thought of herself.

"Why not?" I leaned down and kissed her left cheek as she shut her eyes like I'd burnt her.

"You deserve someone who has a clean past.. and a surely clean future. I don't think I can give you either," she mumbled, putting her finger on my lips to stop me from leaning in to kiss her other cheek. Just that one touch already had my heart going crazy.