Chapter 7

Pov: Chu Scarlett

"You'll see when we get there," Roche said tenderly.

The view from the window was soothing. The beautifully decorated streetlights and the laughter of the children playing in a nearby park surrounded us. We passed through quiet streets, and the cold weather made the inside of his car feel that much cozier.

I looked over at him to catch him smiling at me from the rearview mirror. "When's the last time you went on a spontaneous ride around the city, Scarlett?" he asked as he focused his attention back on the long and empty road ahead.

I actually didn't have an answer for that. I hadn't left the comfort of the villa very often this year.

After an hour of driving around with some relaxing music in the background, he came to a stop. Getting out of his seat, he opened my door and stretched out his hand for me to take. "After you, milady."

I swatted his hand away as I gave out a half-suppressed laugh. Dismounting the car, I finally looked up to where we had arrived.

We were on top of a peaceful hill covered in grass. This place would be completely deserted if it weren't for the few people scattered here and there. The city lights were in full view from up here, and the sky coated in numerous little jewels, glimmering in a sea of dark nothingness.

Kind of like the tiny bit of happiness sprinkled in my life.

As I reveled in the serenity of the fleeting moment, Olive had returned from his car with two blankets and a basket.

He did not !

"You had this planned!" I claimed.

He chuckled as he sprawled out one of the blankets on the grass and motioned for me to sit down.

Using the second blanket to cover up my shoulders, he sat down next to me. "Well, we haven't hung out in a loooong time. We seriously need to catch up. Also, I'm sure you never take breaks to just relax like this, so I thought I could kidnap you into doing it. The paperwork can wait. And lastly, but certainly not least, have you even eaten anything today?" He finished with a triumphant smirk on his lips.

"I had an apple in the morning..?" I laughed at his outraged face. "Okay, fine! Just give me the food."

I hadn't realized how hungry I was till the delectable smell of the basket made its way to my nose.

"Wear gloves first! We can't wash our hands up here!" he instructed as he offered me a pair. This guy had already thought everything out.

"Oh my! This is Quiche Lorraine, my favorite out of all the dishes you've made!" I shrieked while he cackled.

His dad is a very talented chef back in France. He's even cooked at one of my hotels at a special occasion once.

Obviously, the man didn't keep his knowledge to himself, and handed over his secret recipes to his two sons. The younger is the one sitting in front of me, while the older died during a car accident years ago. I don't bring him up very often since Olive had just barely moved on when I'd first met him. He doesn't like dwelling on his unfortunate past anymore. He and Lily are both very positive people, something I can't relate with.

"So what did you do after our fight in France last year? Tell me everything that led to you being here today." He eventually broke the silence.

"What do you think? I locked myself up in my hotel room for two weeks until I couldn't take it anymore. No other solution came to mind, so I packed all my stuff, and flew back to Korea. At least I feel a bit at home at my grandparents' villa," I sighed as I took a huge bite out of his cuisine.