Chapter 22

Pov: Bang Chan

Today was going so well. We'd shot a whole dance practice video and uploaded it on youtube, Minho had finally finished memorizing all of his lines for the drama, and Felix had choreographed a new solo dance routine he wanted to surprise STAY with.

We'd finally gotten a small break, so I had decided to go to my studio to listen to some calm music and wind down.

But no winding down was done.

Why? Because I got a text from Minji telling me to follow them to the hospital.

Now why would they leave their jobs here, and go to the hospital? What happened to the others?

I ran to the dorms again and saw Minji rushing out the door. "Hey, wait! What happened?" I stopped her.

"Follow me. Agent Pak has been stabbed, and all I understood from him is that Scarlett did not return with them. The last time he saw her, she was beating up a guy in a cloud of tear gas. He doesn't know what happened to her after that. The only person who can inform us is Olivier, but he's unreachable as of now," she spoke while gritting her teeth, trying to stay strong.

What do you mean she didn't return?

Where is she?

She can't be..

Not Scarlett. She's strong. She wouldn't let this happen. She wouldn't go down this easily.

I got into the van, and saw Changbin running in as well. "What do you mean she didn't return?" he posed the same question I'd asked myself. "She's too reckless. We could all tell that she was too tired to fight, but she insisted on going."

"So you felt it too!" Hyunjin arrived, sitting next to Minji who now let a few tears escape her eyes. He took out some tissues and wiped her face. "Calm down, we don't know the whole story yet."

Isabelle ran in with Liliane hot on her heels, and closed off the door. "Sorry it took so long for me to get here. The other members were begging me to let them join us," Isabelle said as she sat back.

I looked around and studied the atmosphere, searching for something that could reassure me that the situation wasn't as bad as it sounded.

Minji stopped restraining herself and her eyes let out rivers of water. The same could be said about Isabelle, who slowly lost her cool, and Hyunjin's tissues weren't enough to handle both downpours.

Hyunjin himself, looked like he was stuck on a fine line between dry and moist eyes. Changbin, on the other hand, was looking out the window, trying to hide his face while his ears and neck were tinted red.

That just left a confused Lily and I, staring at each other, and still hoping for the best.

As soon as we made it to the hospital, everyone scurried into the lobby and asked about the results of the battle. Meanwhile, Isabelle and Lily left us and ran upstairs after being informed about Agent Pak's room number.

"That can't be! Fifty-seven of them haven't returned? Along with our leader?" Minji cried, sliding down to the floor, and hugging the useless wet tissued in her hands. "What could have possibly happened?"

"It seems a bomb was activated," the woman behind the counter replied sympathetically.

About ten minutes later, Isabelle sprinted downstairs and ordered for us to follow her. We ran outside the hospital, and headed towards the truck parked under the dull black sky. For the first time after the chaos, I realized that the weather was extremely chilly, and the powerful storm was venting all of our pent up frustrations in our stead.