Chapter 63

Pov: Lee Minho

Where's Aera?

I'm right in front of the gates like we promised.. 

I waited for ten minutes in my black suit and yellow tie that she'd requested I wear. Something told me her dress would be yellow.

Tonight's going to be a long night..
Will we even be able to hold a conversation that lasts more than two minutes? Usually Minji cuts in and gives us a topic to talk about..

Speaking of Minji..

What she said last week seriously hurt.

When she woke up and couldn't find me, she came shouting at me at the gym for leaving without her.

As my bodyguard, I thought she was worried about my safety, but she only preached about protecting her stars.

Maybe I was deluding myself into thinking she actually cared instead of seeing me as a part of her job she had to tolerate every day.

I was being way too open while she barely talked about herself. I don't know what I was thinking.

She's not a friend. She's a bodyguard.

"Minho? Have you been waiting? I'm sorry." Aera finally appeared, wearing a dress that suited her image. It was yellow but kind of.. peach? Some parts of it were sewn with golden threads, giving the dress a wealthier touch.

"Shall we?" I asked, giving her my arm to link hers into

We walked through the doors and got temporarily blinded by the intense lights caused by the unnecessarily deluxe chandeliers. People were scattered around, talking about things that did not interest me.

Why am I even here?

Oh, right. Because Minji, who made it clear that she's not my friend, messed up.

From the corner of my eye, I spotted Lily and her partner together, talking to an elderly couple with huge smiles on their faces. The couple seemed to be pleased with them and they shook hands, exchanging cards.

Lily looks unbelievably elegant and sophisticated. When we were playing UNO, she almost chopped my head off.

I was about to walk over to them when Aera tugged at my arm, leading me towards a lady in her mid-forties. She turned out to be an actress Aera had worked with. Then another came, and another, and another, until I couldn't see Lily anymore.

They were polite and easy to talk to, so I survived the sea of people and arrived at the table that carried all the food. An old Indian woman talked about how good the desserts were so I was already sold.

As I was eating, Aera picked up a glass of wine and gave me another, sighing and watching the crowd.

"Something the matter?" I asked, taking the glass and gulping it down. We both leaned on the panelled wall and listened to the chatter of the attendees.