Chapter 28

Pov: Hwang Hyunjin

'Where are you?' I texted Isabelle when I woke up, 'You're probably reading my messages from the notification bar and not answering.'

Ever since she angrily walked out of the dorms yesterday, I couldn't reach her. I didn't even know where she'd spent the night- she wouldn't answer any of my texts.

'I'm at a hotel. Go to the set with Minho," she finally replied.

'Which hotel?' I dressed up, getting ready to leave once I receive an adress.

'Don't come. Carry on with your schedule,' she insisted.

'I'm one of the few members who don't have a set schedule for today. Minho doesn't need me around either.'

'Hyunjin, I'm at Paradise. The one farthest from the company. It's a five hour ride. See why I'm asking you not to come?'

I guess today's going to be my second day off.

Adding several sheets of paper into my bag, I notified our manager that I wouldn't be joining Minho today.

The bustling streets welcomed me as I rushed out the entrance. People were going about their days, each following their own schedules- always interesting to watch. Stopping by a pastry shop, I bought a couple of sweets and made my way out.

The walk to the bus stop wasn't long as I eventually boarded the one that would take me to Isabelle.

I wonder if she's okay..

Hopefully, she'll confide in me again.

***

"Paradise.." I read the sign out loud.

I'm here.

"Hello. Which room is Isabelle Snow residing in?" I asked the receptionist.

The man checked the screen a few times and scrunched up his face. "I'm sorry, but there's no one here under that name."

I didn't come to the wrong hotel, did I?

Picking up my phone, I called Isabelle. "Yes? What is it now?" she answered.

"Isabelle, what name have you booked your room under?" I questioned, ruffling my hair and praying that I hadn't taken a five hour ride to another country.

She sniggered at my question. "You're actually here? Wow... I told them I was Bingus and they let me have my way." She ended our call.

This girl..

"Um, yes. I'm here to see.. Bingus," I told the man and made my way to her floor when I got her room number.

Ding.

After some shuffling noises, the door flew open and my eyes landed on a girl who looked way too out of the ordinary. The most fascinating surprise was that she wasn't wearing her mask this time. Or was it a curse disguised as a blessing? I wouldn't know.

I hope she forgets to cover her face for now. I'm the only one around, anyway.

She wasn't wearing something cutesy and oversized as always. For the first time ever, I saw her flaunting clothing that hugged her curves in the best ways possible, and her hair was straightened for a change. The sudden mature look reminded me that she had a life of her own- one that had nothing to do with mine just a couple of months ago.