Chapter 43

Pov: Liliane Chevalier

"Seungmin?" I asked, surprised that he was in the room. "Were you trying to help?"

"No.. I was watching you struggle while trying to pick up each piece individually instead of asking for a broom," he smiled.

"Stop being smart with me. I'm not humble enough to let go of my pride every time."

"You look tired," he suddenly pointed out, stopping my heartbeat for a second. He looked worried as he searched my face for an answer.

Is it obvious?

I thought I was hiding it pretty well..

"Mhm. I've been trying to pick up individual pieces of confetti. Who wouldn't be tired?" I stood up and he did too.

"I'll go get a broom," he said, leaving the room.

While I waited for him, I changed the covers to Isabelle's bed. This way, it would be ready for tonight.

His footsteps notified me of his return. "Thanks fo-" I turned around to see Minho standing there instead.

"Oh no. No, no, no. You're the last person I want to see," I said, throwing my pillow at him as he swiftly caught it in one hand. The other was placed in his pocket. "Why are you here? Just to rub it in my face?"

"No, I just wanted to have a decent talk," he giggled.

"Mhm. Right." I snatched the pillow out of his hands and went back to my bed. "I'm going back home. I need to bring some of my belongings since I'll be sleeping here tonight," I told him.

"Really?! You're staying over?" His eyes went wide. "Is it just for fun or do you not have a place to stay for the night?" He sat on a chair, rocking it back until I ran up to him and stopped him.

"Don't do that! My brain automatically tells me that you'll fall!" I let go of his chair and Seungmin entered with a broom. "I do have a place to go to, but I missed Scar so I decided to sleep over," I answered.

"You're staying?" Seungmin asked, finally having a reaction to something. He started sweeping the floor and I tried to stop him but he pulled the broom away. "Stop. I'll take care of it."

I gave up and took a step back. Minho was already watching me when I turned to him. "I know I'm beautiful, but you don't have to stare so openly," I teased and he smiled.

"I can't deny that," he said, making me raise my brows. I looked over at Seungmin and he looked just as confused as I was. "I have a question, if it's not too personal," Minho continued.

I almost didn't notice as agent Venus walked in, bowed as a silent greeting, took a pile of papers off Scar's desk, and left.

These agents are always working.

My attention turned back to Minho, who was worried that he'd ask me a personal question. It was fun seeing him not so confident for once.

"What do I get from answering your question?" I asked.

"What do you want?"

"I'm just kidding. Ask away." I tried to snatch the broom out of Seungmin's hands again but he dodged way too smoothly. Scar should have hired these two boys as their own bodyguards.

"Alright. You know how you're a model, right?" Minho asked, fidgeting with his blouse.

"Yes. You don't have to be so nervous. Just ask." I pulled out a chair and sat next to him.

"I was wondering if you had any trouble with your body image," he finished, taking in a deep breath that didn't go unnoticed by me.

Does he have issues with his body image? He doesn't look like he would.
Then again, Scar doesn't look like she'd hug everything around her in her sleep.