Chapter 49

Pov: Chu Scarlett

"So what happened to the third van? Is Chan okay?" I asked Minji.

"Everyone is safe and they're heading to the nearest convenience store. We've decided to meet up there."

She parked the van at the exact location and I hopped off, pleasantly surprised to see Olive and Lily in front of the store. The former had his arms crossed and was focused on whatever the agents were talking about while the latter was too busy trying to get mud out of her hair. It was refreshing to see her in sneakers. They must have bought a pair from a nearby store.

Olive spotted me first, leaving the conversation mid-way and running up to me. He took hold of my dirty hair. "Scarlett! Look at you.. Where's your jacket?" he said, unzipping his own.

"Wait, I'm fine! Don't ruin your perfectly clean jac-" He grabbed my arm and got it through the sleeve- "ket."

"That's not fair! I was freezing and you only gave me a napkin!" Lily exclaimed, running up to us and hitting me instead of him.

"You literally threw the jacket back at my face, telling me it was too small for you. Don't call me the villain here," Olive objected and Lily pushed him aside.

"Okay, but why did you hit me?!" I asked, still clueless.

"Scar, I swear! If you make me go through another shock, I'm going to lose all my precious hair!" she huffed and gestured at her brown hair. Olive was still helping me get into his jacket.

"Um.. At least now you know that.. dyeing it brown would suit you.." I said, earning another punch from her.

Olive's jacket completely engulfed me as he took a step back, inspecting it. "Yep. Perfect. Now let's get you cleaned up."

"And how do we do that exactly? There's no bath here."

"We can at least clean your face with some water we bought from the store," he answered, taking me with him to a far corner behind the building. Lily groaned as she left us to take care of her own self.

"What about Lily?" I asked when he opened a bottle of water.

"I helped her out already, but little miss rich can't handle being seen in dirty clothes for a few hours." He stood next to me and soaked a towel. "She and Seungmin got cuts all over so they're getting treated by Minji and agent Venus. Lily's feet are bruised so she's been fussy ever since she found out she can't wear heels for a while." His hand held my chin in place as he wiped my cheek.

"I can clean myself, Roche."

"I don't think your phone camera will be a good enough mirror for that." He passed on to my nose and then forehead. "There's chunks of it stuck on your scalp," he laughed.

"You don't say. I feel disgusting."

"Come on, it's just mud." He took out a leaf from behind my ear. "Aaand leaves.." Then he found a twig stuck in my hair and snorted, "Lean to the side."

I did as asked and he emptied the water bottle on my hair, rubbing the chunks of dried mud out of it. The ground was no longer grey. "Why does your hair have to be so long?" he asked.

That was fancy coming from him. He once had a heart attack when I told him I'd be cutting it. How else would he braid my hair?

Using another bottle, he splashed water on the towel again. The target was my ear this time. "I can really do this on my own," I stressed as he leaned in to see better. Even though I had said that, his gentle caress was highly relaxing. I kept fluttering my shutting eyelids, almost giving in to the lassittude.