Chapter 40

Pov: Hwang Hyunjin

"What got you sick?" The doctor started his inquiry.

"I was already exhausted and then I got drenched in the rain and stayed that way for a couple of hours."

"How many hours?"

"About.. Four? My body dried up pretty quickly but my wet clothes said no."

The man didn't judge her, but I didn't have the same professionalism to keep up. I was glaring holes into her guilt ridden face.

"Do you have any symptoms other than your fever?" he asked, done with his check-up.

"I have a slight cough. That's it."

"Alright. I will send someone with your pills in a minute," the doctor assured, standing up and looking my way, "It's just a cold. Don't worry about it."

"Thank you, doctor." I slightly bowed as he left.

After a minute, one of the staff came in, gave her the medicine, and closed the door behind her, leaving us alone.

Isabelle finally gulped down the pills and leaned back into her bed. My mind could rest knowing she would get better. I walked towards her suitcases and started unpacking them for her.

"What are you doing? Don't bother with those.. I'll take care of them tomorrow."

"Are you going to tell me why you kept yourself drenched and didn't change your clothes?" I asked, using my best 'I'm disappointed in you' tone.

"I was busy, and I wasn't in the mood to take care of myself. I'm usually much more responsible." She pulled the sheets to her face. "It's cold! Then it's hot! Then it's cold again!"

I got up and added another blanket on her from one of the closets. They came in handy. "Why were you in a bad mood?"

"Nothing major. I've been taking care of paperwork all day so I could join Scar's team. It was extremely stressful since the guy helping me out was too busy to respect our appointment. They finally accepted, though. He's personally going to deliver the paper carrying the details of the mission to me tomorrow."

"Congrats! You finally did it." I grinned and she mirrored it. "But be more careful next time," I added, making her frown.
By this point, I had already hung up half of her clothes while I'd rolled up the others and placed them in the drawers.

I passed on to the other suitcase but she jumped out of bed, stumbling and steadying herself on the huge white closet. "I wouldn't open that one if I were you."

"Why? What's with that reaction? Are you hiding heaps of money in here or something?" Then a new possibility popped in my head, making my eyes go wide. "IS THERE A BODY IN HERE?! I'M NOT HELPING YOU HIDE IT!"

"Pretty boy, calm down. It's just.. Um.. Well, you know, it's something likeee.." She scratched her head. "Ah, screw it! It contains my undergarments."

I must have been a blockhead for not considering that. Now I was awkwardly sitting on the ground with my hands hovering over the suitcase I would not be going through. "A-alright. Go back to bed. You didn't have to jump out just to tell me that."

I put the suitcase aside and she finally slept with her back facing me. It seems she'd been watching me for the sole purpose of stopping me when I got to that particular suitcase. She could have just warned me from the beginning.

I unzipped the last one. There was another case left, but it was filled with her cutlery. The second the zipper came undone, sheets of documents fell out. I put them aside and focused on finishing my job with her clothes.