Chapter 8

Pov: Bang Chan

I told her I'd talk to her about what I'd witnessed, but I didn't know if it was the right thing to do.

"Check if the others are asleep first."

I still sound livid. I didn't even say please.

She left for a minute, then returned. "All clear. The members have gone to their rooms to sleep while Minji and Olive are probably guarding downstairs." She closed the door so I could comfortably tell her what she was so eager to find out about.

"Olive? I thought his name was Olivier?" I pointed out.

"Oh.. It's just a nickname I bestowed upon him because he hates it."

She was still holding that little gift in her hand. They looked pretty intimate during the movie too. She never rejected his little touches, and didn't mind when they shared the sofa.

Then there was Changbin. I asked him how he came back so soon this morning, and he told me that Scarlett's chauffeur had drove him all the way to the restaurant and brought him back.

It's as if she's civil to everyone but me.

"You must be tired. You didn't get much sleep yesterday either." She distracted me from my previous thoughts. "But, I won't back down until you tell me what happened." She took off her slippers and sat cross legged in front of me. "Please tell me."

She was staring at me with her big eyes, completely focused on me.

Sigh..

"I was on a break during the night of the concert, and I decided to get some fresh air. I used the backdoor to get to a dark alley behind the venue. It looked safe at first, it really did, but then I heard a hushed conversation." I stopped to think of what happened next, and I realized she was involuntarily inching closer to me. Her eyes huge, and round.

Minho would love to see her like this. She looks like a curious cat.

"Like any normal person, I didn't think much of it until I actually heard some of the things they were saying. I listened as the first guy asked the other if he had a way to prove that he'd really killed the kid. That didn't sound like a normal discussion to me, so I unconsciously peeked at them from behind the wall. That's when I saw something I'd never seen before in my life. The first man was standing, with a gun in his hand, pointed at the second, who was on the ground, and already covered in blood. I felt sick to my stomach." I paused again to collect my thoughts.

"And? What were they saying?" She urged impatiently.

"This is the part that gets really hazy. When it dawned on me that I was in trouble, all I could think of was to flee. What I think I remember though, is that the armed man asked the other about why a 'they' would still be looking for the child if she's already dead," I continued.

"So it's a she," she pondered.

"The last thing I clearly recall, is the man saying that the other had one job and couldn't do it right. I heard a gunshot, and my body reflexively ran towards the door I had previously come out of. Only my steps made too much noise, and the man took notice of my presence." I stopped, looking down at my white knuckles strangling the innocent sheets.

She held my hand and one by one, she untangled the material from my fingers. After a while that felt too short, she slowly put them down and let go. "Resume whenever you feel like you can," she softly spoke while not taking her eyes off my now tranquil fingers.

She tries so hard to keep me at an arm's length, then goes ahead and does things like this..

I took a deep breath, and narrated again, "He saw me... He saw my face, and he started shooting at me till I safely made it through the door. There were many bodyguards inside, so when I looked back, he was gone. After regaining my composure, I noticed that I had scraped my arm during my escape. We covered it up as a fake scar with the help of some make up. Luckily, the theme of our costumes allowed it."