Chapter 52

Pov: Hwang Hyunjin

'Don't worry about me. I'm fine.'

That's the text Isabelle sent me the day following the bridge incident. After that, she ignored all my messages for a week.

A lot of things changed in that span of time: I recovered from the horrible cold, agent Pak started working with us again, and we had a huge concert that ended in success thanks to all of our hard work and the support of the fans. With that said, we were finally promised a two week break when we could go back to our families and spend time with them.

I couldn't wait for that, but was also worried about my girlfriend who failed to show up after becoming my girlfriend. All kinds of question marks kept popping in my head. Although I knew she probably had a good reason, I didn't like the fact that she hadn't talked it out with me first.

Then there was the guilt. What if she was going through something horrible and here I was.. only thinking about my own feelings? I had promised myself that I'd be extra patient with her when I asked her out. She was broken already.

I hope she's okay. I keep staring at her last text.

I turned to the other side of my bed to see Changbin laying on his, watching the ceiling in contemplation. "You're also having trouble sleeping?" I asked.

"Hm? You were awake?" His eyes slighly widened as he tossed to his side and faced me. "You're worried about Isabelle?"

"..Yeah. Very worried. Her habit of disappearing isn't something I can get used to." I placed the pillow on my face, sighing into it.

Not just worried.. I'm also disappointed in her. Does she even consider me at all?

"You told us about her text. I'm sure she sent it so you wouldn't needlessly worry. She said it herself. She's fine," he murmured, shutting his eyes peacefully.

"I hope you're right. And what's gotten you all sulky?"

"Rather than sulky.. I'm a bit lost in my thoughts since I almost messed up the choreography during the concert yesterday," he admitted in a rough voice, clearing his throat.

"Emphasis on almost. Don't beat yourself up over it," I advised, turning back to the wall to get some shut eye. He hummed and didn't speak again, though neither of us had any sleep that night.

***

I can't believe it.

Reading the text over and over again, I rubbed my sleepy eyes to make sure I wasn't dreaming.

'Can you maybe come to the hotel today?'

Isabelle texted me at five in the morning and I rushed to my closet, wearing whatever I could find. It was already spring so the weather wasn't all that extreme anymore.

"Going somewhere?" Changbin asked, opening one of his eyes. I should have known he hadn't slept.

"Isabelle texted. I'm going to meet her," I said, unsure of how to act when I got there.

Do I get angry? Happy? Sad? Disappointed? I don't know. My feelings are all over the place.

"For real? Is she okay?" He sat up, scratching his stomach while yawning.

"That's what I'm about to find out. I can't believe you didn't sleep all night just because of a mistake that could've happened but didn't." I finally put a jacket on and left while Changbin plopped back headfirst into his pillow, mumbling things to himself.